Gear

poppachubby

Boo Yaka! Boo Yaka!
I will be honest, the only reason I am posting is to try and win the subscription.

I haven't thought about gear in months, those of you who know me understand why. My main system represents alot of hard work, researching and auditioning, buying and selling. It took my approxiamately a year and a half to complete.

Essentially I have my main system which is analog focused. From there, I have a computer with some capability, which I also use for ripping. Digital is all sent to a Squeezebox in my HT room. For reference in the HT room, I use a headphone rig. I also have a small headphone rig in my bedroom, which uses a turntable.

Everything in my main system has been fully refurbed and in some cases modded.

Thanks for looking...

MAIN SYSTEM

This system enjoys it's own dedicated circuit on my panel.

Golden Tube SE-40 / Tung Sol 6L6GC-STR / NOS Sylvania 6LN7 "Chrome Dome"

EICO HF 85 / Psvane Reference T-Series 12AX7 / NOS Mullard 6X4

Ariston RD 11s / Moth MKI / Nagaoka MP-200

Frugal Horns - Alpha 1.4.0 Level 3 / enABLEd Fostex FE 126eN / supraBaffle / full deflection / hand built by the one and only Dave Dlugos

WBT 1M 2016 w/ WBT 0101 locking RCA's... a tube lovers dream cable... for use between my pre and amp

Acoustic Research AP-803 Power Cable... upgrade for both my pre and deck

PSAudio Xtreme Power Punch...upgrade for my Golden Tube

DIY Solid Core speaker cables

DIY rack and turntable isolation

attachment.php

attachment.php

5106399446_2d4fde5926.jpg

5062455199_8604c901bd_z.jpg

DSC03609.jpg

5221956709_e9cc882ce9_z.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

DSC03615.jpg

Bedroom

Pioneer PL 516 / Nexxtech 9V Phono Stage / Electric Avenues PA2V2
AKG K240S

5428612953_9fe346f17f_z.jpg

Digital Reference

Really fun!!

Squeezbox Touch / Teradak Valab Lite DAC / Electric Avenues PA2V2 / AKG K240S
Audioquest King Cobra 1M / Tributaries Delta 2M 75ohm coax

5369645321_fa0c595190_z.jpg

Last edited:
Computer System

BTW, that is NOT me and my wife in the photo on the monitor...(sorry Chris).

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum / Philips TDA 1543 DAC-Non Over Sampling / Technics SLQ2 * Audio Technica 90CD * Shure M97xe / Creek OBH18 / Pioneer SX650 / Paradigm Model 7se

I use this system to rotate the extra speakers I have. Lots of vinyl conversion, the Creek stage is a mofo!!

DSC03626.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

DSC03593.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

Well.....that's basically it. I have an HT system which I didnt share and some extra gear too. Perhaps I will update a few shots but honorable mention would be the Bozak 919 Preamplifier and the Sound Dynamics 1200 SMT.

I have really enjoyed seeing everyones systems, it really adds a personal touch to the site. No egos or BS, just show em if you got em!!

Last edited:
Very Nice Rig. It is obvious a lot of thought went into your setup! Love the look of the speakers!
Regards,
Jim

Those Paradigms have sort of an Dynaco A25 look to them, and I bet they have a similar lushness to them. Nice system... er, systems.

Very Nice Rig. It is obvious a lot of thought went into your setup! Love the look of the speakers!
Regards,
Jim

Hey thanks alot Jim!

Gang-Twanger said:
Those Paradigms have sort of an Dynaco A25 look to them, and I bet they have a similar lushness to them. Nice system... er, systems

Interesting comparison. I actually own a pair of A25s but never considered a similarity in appearance. I will dig them out and look. Looks aside, they are a nice all around speaker although not the final word in transparency. Much better dynamic reach than the Dynacos, although IME with some beefed up power the A25s can be pushed.

Anyhow, I really only consider myself as having one system, my main analog set up. Everything else is just playing their small roles around the house. The computer has it's wares more for the task of ripping than anything else.

I'll tell you one thing, I have really been enjoying my headphones lately. I think I will move my Creek phono stage and a pair of Audioquest Corals into my bedroom...try to step it up a bit. You'd be shocked at how good the Nexxtech phono stage sounds. Without the burden of AC it's quite a good little performer. My Creek uses DC and squashes it however...

Last edited:
I want the Frugal Horns.

Not as much as I want Art's Harbeth's, but I want 'em. I have a thing for full rangers.

And as you once said to me - that's a lot of gear. Very, very nice.

s.

Very nice setup!

Luv tha LP display on the wall. I use to have mine setup in covers in an angle. I may try that again someday.

Rome

Thanks for all the great comments fellas. I never posted my system for praise, just to be eligible for the contest but the comments are well received!

voltcontrol said:
I really like your pc system for some reason.. (rest of the stuff too )

Thanks VC. The PC stuff is actually quite satisfying but was never intended for any kind of reference. I am capable of some excellent rips that's for sure. I just put my Sound Dynamics back into this chain and I anticipate some listening sessions coming up.

Sometimes its fun to be able to crank up and rattle the walls, the Sound Dynamics are great for this. My wife won't allow them anywhere else in the house.

satkinsn said:
And as you once said to me - that's a lot of gear. Very, very nice.

Haha yes I did didn't I. I still think you have more although I have forgotten much of your list.

Back
Top Bottom