Gen 5 USB

skippy_ps

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Finally got this board to install in my Bifrost MB that I've had for a couple of years or so. Old board on the left and new on on the right. Then a pic of the bottom of the old board with those pins that you have to line up with the main board. :sweating:

New board comes with new stand-offs but since they're the same as the old ones, I just left the old ones in place.

When you set the new board in place, it's pretty tough to see where the heck those pins are going. I ended up holding the main board vertical and used a flashlight to see what I was doing. Lined up the longer row of pins first then sort of rolled the board down to get the short row of pins lined up. Eyeballed it thoroughly and gently pushed the new board down. Slipped right in. Put two long screws back to hold the board down. Oh, all of those little screws are #1 Phillips.

Now to line up the leds with the front panel. Lay the AL housing face down (so the rear of the unit is facing up) and don't forget to set the input selector button in like I did. Just take the the complete boards assembly and carefully set it in the AL housing without the gray sheet metal housing. From the side, you can now see the leds so gently wiggle the boards assembly around until they slip in those tiny holes. If one led doesn't cooperate, you can gently persuade it with a small screwdriver. If it's way off, pull the assembly out and bend it roughly in place.

Once you get the leds through the holes, look up at the bottom of the main housing, rear center, and there's a board stand off. Get a short screw and drive it in to hold the board in place. Make sure the front panel button is in place.

Then, slip the gray sheet metal in place and torque everything down. Short screws go in the board stand offs.

That's it. Plugged it in and works like a new one.

ZK500z6.jpg

xOJGuJf.jpg

7NAxV6p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom