Gettin the Tbird ready for summer

End of summer spending spree!!!

I just bought....

-75 shot nitrous kit
-T3/T4 hybrid turbo
-header
-external wastegate

The car will run mid/low 13's all day with just the header and turbo, and should run 12's on the bottle :banana:

I just bought....

-75 shot nitrous kit
-T3/T4 hybrid turbo
-header
-external wastegate

The car will run mid/low 13's all day with just the header and turbo, and should run 12's on the bottle :banana:

I see.......something expensive.......breaking soon...........

22136453.jpg

Oh ye of little faith... The car will actually run better and be more reliable with this bigger turbo, since it will be much more efficient than the tiny one is now. As you know, cooler air = better. I likely will not have to run race gas to run the same amount of boost because of the temp difference alone.

The nitrous will be used on rarely. You know, the occasional 'vette or STI who thinks he's hot $hit. With the bottle, the car will be putting out roughly 400 HP and 450 lb-ft of torque, off the bottle about 300 HP and 400+ lb-ft of torque.

If anything decides to go, it'll be a head-gasket or possibly an axle from leaving the line at 5000 RPM's... and that would likely only happen with nitrous.

Oh ye of little faith...

Faith has nothing to do with it, building up a few cars does. New things break that you hadn't thought about messing with when the power gets turned up. For me the surprise was universals. The outcome of that was very disappointing.

:sigh:

Plans for this summer:

-Standalone computer
-85# injectors
-WBO2
-EDIS Ignition

I'll be running 12's for sure :thmbsp:

This weekend I removed my distributor and replaced it with a Ford EDIS-4 system. Still need to wire it up, but the install is really trick. Should make for a smoother idle and simple tuning.

Also, my standalone computer should be here within the week. Also ordered 73 lb/hr injectors this evening. I can't wait to hear that turbo wind up to 25 PSI!!!!

holy shit! 19psi? How does the thing stay together?

Easy. See my post on the last page about running 17psi + 22deg static timing advance on the stock bottom end with race gas, it was fine. The Ford 2.3 is just as overbuilt as the Volvo 2.3 (more so in the case of the later Volvo 2.3)

Back
Top Bottom