Getting back into audio on a budget. Suggestions Please.

jmanusa6

I been out of the loop for about 10 years. I finally have time and room again so I dug out my old Sony ES VA333ES reciever and got it setup in a 14 x16 bedroom. I used to build speakers and had several sets around that I had spent a lot of time and money on but sold over the last 10 years for some extra paper in my wallet. My budget is pretty small right now at $300. I'd like the setup to be a 2.1 system, it will mostly be used for music and the occasional movie at night before bed. So far I'm leaning towards the Dayton SUB1200 at $150, this leaves me a $150 bookshelf speaker budget. New or used doesn't matter just excited to get my music space back.

T amp, or pro audio......chifi too.

Craigslist....pro audio power amps and maybe Nikko or Hafler preamplifiers.

T amp, or pro audio......chifi too.

Craigslist....pro audio power amps and maybe Nikko or Hafler preamplifiers.

He's planning to use the Sony, budget is for speakers only.

OP: I'd look at full range floor standers and add a sub later if needed... But I'm a bookshelf hater, so maybe don't listen to me. I do stupid things like put giant electrostats in a roughly 12x14 room.

I really appreciate everyone's response and did look at each option. While looking at the JBL speakers on parts express I stumbled apon the Dayton MK402 bookshelfs and because of the great reviews and an open box option for $55 I grabbed them. I also went down to the Dayton SUB-1000 10" to save a little more money and I also thought the 12" model would be over kill for the bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom