Getting Back To Quality Sound!

rode2rouen

Dyslexics Untie!
I had the itch to get back to a quality sound system, so I was using Google to get info on components I was looking at on the local (N.E. oHIo) CraigsList.
The hunt turned up a Yamaha CR-620 and a set of Infinity RSa speakers being sold for $200.
After looking at relative posts on AK, I made an appointment to check out and hear the system at the seller's place.
Walking into his living room I was blown away by the sound coming from the RSa speakers!
Cash was exchanged and I got back to my place and set things up. Later that day I picked up a Denon
DCM-340 CD player.
Musically, life has been good, but the upgrade bug has already bitten........Just for fun I put a low ball offer
on a Yamaha CR-1020 on Ebay.......damm if the seller accepted, so that should be arriving soon.
Here's pics of things now.

Rexbudget_tunes.jpg yamcr620dendcm340.jpg

Attachments

• infinityRSa.jpg
    infinityRSa.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to AK and congrats on your first SCROE!

Watch it, though. That Yamaha upgrade bug can bite pretty hard. Here's my workbench right after I got bit...

YamStack01_zps329d61b0.jpg

I do enjoy the sound of Infinity RSas, to the point that I'm now searching for a set of RSbs!
I'm also impressed by their power handling capabilities!

Rex

Welcome to AK, roadtorouen. The system looks nice and I will admit that I can't get enough of the creative method in which you chose to stand your speakers. Great job.

Welcome to AK, roadtorouen. The system looks nice and I will admit that I can't get enough of the creative method in which you chose to stand your speakers. Great job.

Thanks, I was thinking that a pair of 24" wooden bar stools might also be worth a try, but the cost would have doubled.

Rex

Welcome to Ak rode. I also have a Denon CDP, it's the 380, but it must be very similar to the 340. It sounds great!
Btw, is that you in the pic? If you really have 3 boobs, my number is .... aww ferget it, my wife'd kill me. (She only has two).

Back
Top Bottom