Getting Playstation/Xbox to see the computer?

HiFiThor

How do you get external devices such as my computer to see the playstation or Xbox? I see an icon for music servers on say the PS but the computer doesn't show up. I have a mix of computers with operating systems Windows 8 and up.

The point of it all is to take advantage of the MP3's/FLAC files on the computer and use the playstation/Xbox to choose what you want to listen to. I get pretty confused when working with Windows and setting up the sharing with the network. It use to be pretty easy but now it just makes me crazy.

Anyone have a detailed cookbook guide I get use?

You need your computer to be running a dnla server. I have never done this with a PS but if there is icon for music servers I am assuming that is what its looking for. I use KODI for this but the old windows media player, or foobar will do the same job. Google DLNA music server and pick your poison. Once its set up right other devices will be able to see it too.

https://www.howtogeek.com/215400/how-to-turn-your-computer-into-a-dlna-media-server/

Warning I did not read this so it may not be the best tutorial out there but I am sure you can get the idea of what you need to do for this to work. If you have more than a few TB's of music I suggest telling your computer to scan your media before you go to bed or work or something. KODI and PLEX take FOREVER but they also download alblum art and a ton of other fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom