Getting ready for January 2008 SMAC?

Squidward

Scrappy Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
We get to kick off the new year at my place! :banana::music::thmbsp:

I hope you all bring a lot of gear! We have a pair of Cornwalls to play with, so bring your flea powered amps (and your arc welders, too)! My weakest area is vinyl, so be sure to bring anything like a TT, phono pre, or media! ('Cmon, Rob!!!) I've got a few fun little things to play with, but the more the merrier, by far!

Rob bringing records??????? That's about as likely as Kegger bringing a tube amp....:lmao:

I'll be there for sure.:thmbsp:

I will try to attend but its near impossible ot shleep a tt, and phono stage. Stuff is not travel friendly..

Forgot to mention it may be a good idea to post the date and time for the meet.

Looking forward to this one, especially since Ed is just around the corner from me. I will be bringing my Diytube ST35 (running in triode mode with 5751, 12BH7 and 6p14p's) and a transformer based passive attenuation device made up of a 1:1 magnequest transformer and a PEC 10K pot on the secondary of the transformer. :music:

I normally don't go west of Telegraph. Let me check and see if I can carpool with Andy. :scratch2:

I might have a brand new flea watt amp done by then. It'll be my first single ended amp.

Keg might have a really interesting and beautiful push pull amp done.

Hopefully Bob McIntyre will bring his "Mighty Mouse" push-pull amp.

Keg should be bringing the arm and a cart for the Denon TT!

Ashok is bringing a passive preamp, and a really beautiful looking/sounding implementation of the DIYTube ST-35. I've heard it at his place, and it trounces mine. I can't wait to hear it at my place, I'll probably end up doing the same mods he did.

Andyman is bringing an Almarro SE amp. I would love to hear that on the Cornwalls, too!

Tom might bring his amp. And some wine & roses, as he likes his music on the romantic side.

Those are just the ones I can remember! Probably Pak will bring something, and who knows what else will arrive!

The Cornwalls are ready and waiting, but we have other speaker choices available in case someone wants variety. We've got A/D/S/, Polk, Klipsch, and others on tap!

Speaking of "on tap", I hear people drink at these things? (LOL!)

Don't forget to bring a few bucks. Dinner from Anthony's has been as much a highlight as the gear at the last few meetings.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Had a good but too short a time today Ed. Couple of observations.

Volume does not need to be that loud. Chases me out of a room quicker then my ex wife.

Two. That little girl of yours is a real cutie !

Thanks for having me over.

Grumpy

Hey Ed, great get-togather. My thanks to you and the family. I learned alot, ate really good pizza and heard some awesome equipment! Pictures will follow later today.

Thanks Ed, for another great meet. Those Cornwalls sure sounded nice and I'm thankful I had a chance to run the Alamarro on them.
I left early (???) at about 7PM, so I didn't get a chance to hear Kegger's new amp on them, but it's hard to believe we rolled 5 amps, 4 of them DIYs, in the time I was there. Plus there was still more gear in the dining room!!
I can't wait for the pictures; folks are going to mess themselves when they see Pak's BIG amp. :D

Back
Top Bottom