Getting some Sonab speakers later.

Ds2000

The fi must be higher.
Subscriber
No pics yet, but I know them well. They belong to a friend, who used them as rear channels in the very early 2000's. As far as I recall, they were mint, and had the less seen Philips full range driver vs. the usual woofer. 4 tweeters too. I'll be curious how they look and work now.
OA-14 I think.

I've always liked Sonabs, and similarly Shahinians, particularly with classical music. Not the best if you're into pinpoint imaging, but they always sound believable, never harsh, or exaggerated in any way... easy to listen to, but not boring, or really missing much detail.

I've never heard of a single driver Sonab though, afaik they only made 2ways with at least one tweeters - osually many more! The OA-14 used 4 tweeters while the OA-12 used 2, & even the little cube shaped OA-11 used 1.

Aha, I just looked on Carlssonplanet, and they DID make a single diver speaker, the V-1. I stand corrected, those must be quite rare! Looks like their first production speaker.

Last edited:
This is the OA5 type 2. Looks like 4-1" tweets and an 8" full range.
They're dusty, but that's all. Lovely rosewood too.
IMG_4760.JPG IMG_4761.JPG IMG_4762.JPG IMG_4763.JPG

No one is interested in my weird Stig Carlsson 1960's creation.
Well i do need to clean and try them out, I suppose.

I have an excellent pair of OD11's in rosewood. They are great speakers. My only complaint is the stupid euro speaker plug. Probably going to modify them at some point.

The original owner even made some slick covers of 1/4" black acrylic to cover them when not in use to keep the dust out.

They'd make cool rear speakers if I did HT. They match my Philharmonics.

- Woody

IMG_9876.JPG IMG_9870.JPG IMG_9866.JPG IMG_9871.JPG IMG_9878.JPG

I have an excellent pair of OD11's in rosewood. They are great speakers. My only complaint is the stupid euro speaker plug. Probably going to modify them at some point.

The original owner even made some slick covers of 1/4" black acrylic to cover them when not in use to keep the dust out.

They'd make cool rear speakers if I did HT. They match my Philharmonics.

- Woody

View attachment 972441 View attachment 972442 View attachment 972445 View attachment 972446 View attachment 972447
Interestingly, my buddy who bought them used 17 years ago also ran them as rear channels. I'll have to get them home and give them a good cleaning and some dark toned bison wax.

Back
Top Bottom