Ghetto Sound Treatment - Surprised

Discussion in 'Listening Spaces' started by Me Tarzan, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Me Tarzan

Me Tarzan EARTH

Working on putting together a little studio in a geometrically challenged back bedroom. Room is small, maybe 12x14, 10' ceiling, door in corner at 45*, ceiling has a 45* along one side, carpet floor but a little harsh and a lot boomy. Could have something to do with the oversize monitors and sub I have crammed in there (see sig). Was hooking up a new monitor, messing with Reaper, getting depressed about the cost or proper room treatment and listening to the digital album Mir by Ott, plenty of boom. Decided to try a little impromptu DIY bass traps going against all I have read. I got 2 queen sized comforters and rolled them up into cylinders. Tied off the top and bottom to hold shape and hung from ceiling to floor in the corners behind monitors. Honestly I don't know why I wasted my time and was certain that I would not hear a change. Holy @#&! Instantly the boom is basically gone and the room sounds MUCH tighter. Listening to same album now in amazement, sounding better than ever in here. I am now highly motivated to start hanging blankets all over the place ha! Still can't believe it. Would be curious if anyone else in a similar situation achieved similar results. Took all of 10 minutes to try. Insert Mind Blown emoji.

DeeCee likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. JoeESP9

JoeESP9 ESL's & tubes since 83

The best place to hang blankets is the first reflection points.

Bill Ferris and Me Tarzan like this.
  3. Marine0811

Marine0811 I love it loud! Subscriber

It literally blankets the bass!

Me Tarzan likes this.
  4. Me Tarzan

Me Tarzan EARTH

Room is under construction so pardon the mess.

trap.jpg

81spirit likes this.
  5. Me Tarzan

Me Tarzan EARTH

Oh yah, that's where the stack of crocheted afghans in the closet will soon be.

6. DeeCee

DeeCee Super Member

I played with rolls of the pink fluffy insulation once upon a time and had pretty positive results.

Me Tarzan likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.