Girl music geek found a home

Hi Stacy...um...where do you live?
"... And thankfully I live in an area where there are tons and tons (and tons) of secondhand shops that sell vinyl, so there is so much material at my fingertips it is insane."
Cause I gotta go crazy once in awhile...know what I'm saying?

I'm in Los Angeles - there are second hand record shops everywhere, and most especially in Hollywood. It's an analog lovers dream.

Los Angeles ?!? Good Gawd, woman, doncha know its ALL gonna fall in the Ocean here soon ? They're sayin' a little over 3 years now...Oh, well. Get yrself a bigazz Lincoln stretch 'n' you oughta be alrite...(grin)

Welcome and enjoy you long, long stay. I did my time in Hollywood so I've already paid my dues. (Just kidding.) But it was a fun time while I was there being young and riding free.

Los Angeles ?!? Good Gawd, woman, doncha know its ALL gonna fall in the Ocean here soon ? They're sayin' a little over 3 years now...Oh, well. Get yrself a bigazz Lincoln stretch 'n' you oughta be alrite...(grin)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sandy... I luv ya man!!

Any time I notice several pages of posts in the Intro forum I know the OP has to be a girl. :D

Welcome to AK and enjoy the forums.

I'm in Los Angeles - there are second hand record shops everywhere, and most especially in Hollywood. It's an analog lovers dream.

My wife and I lived in L.A. for 7 years. I remember a major used record store in Hollywood, on Sunset.

My wife and I lived in L.A. for 7 years. I remember a major used record store in Hollywood, on Sunset.

You may be thinking of Aron's? If that's the one it is no longer among the living.

Amoeba is on Sunset still, and its one of my very favorite places in the world:music:

I wanted to thank everyone for the very warm welcome here - I don't think I've ever had such a welcome to any message board I have posted on! I'm looking forward to being an active member of the community.

You may be thinking of Aron's? If that's the one it is no longer among the living.

Amoeba is on Sunset still, and its one of my very favorite places in the world:music:

I wanted to thank everyone for the very warm welcome here - I don't think I've ever had such a welcome to any message board I have posted on! I'm looking forward to being an active member of the community.

You never posted on AK... these guys are the best! :yes:

and many of us are thinking "WOW! its a female Audiophile! they do exist......":)

Yeah, it was Aron's. Too bad it's gone. :tears:

well I say audiophile not in the sense that you would buy cable lifters, its just that there usually arent women enough into stereo equipment to join a forum with a bunch of music/equipment geeks such as myself, its nice to see proof those old stereotypes really are just that. I have a gf that really loves music she buys records, she says the macs really do sound very good, but she doesnt feel owning the stuff I own is necessary, and she'd never join somthing like audiokarma. very nice to have you on the forum, try some Mcintosh components somtime, I wish I had bought the stuff sooner.!

Back
Top Bottom