Give me your tech suggestions

aquajet

Hello everybody, I'm considering sending out my SX-850 to get the tuner aligned and checked out. There is also a slight hum in the tone circuit. There seems to be a few AKers out there who can do the work, some specialize in one aspect or the other, so I'm not sure who would be best qualified to check everything out. Over the next few days, I would like anybody who is willing to PM me and let me know of your experiences dealing with those people. Thanks for anybody willing to give me some advice.

aquajet, if you post your location, in your profile, you are more likely to get the info you need. The resident techs on AK are scattered around the US, so someone may be close enough for you to drive to their shop.

If only we knew where you are...

aqua-- i don't know anyone that i think the world of in dallas; but i have had OK bread and butter type work done at bayard electronics at the intersection of mockingbird and greenville.

i now send stuff to AK'er Echowars up in Kansas. he IS the man for SS amps. you may also send stuff to AK'er Merrylander up in, you guessed it, Maryland. he is good with solid state amps and receivers, and has a specialty in Yamaha.

what part of town are you in?

shrinkboy

PunkerX is in Flint, MI, and does my tuner work for me (we tag-team the tough ones) :D

Shrink, I'm in Denton. I am prepared to ship it off somewhere if needed, but I am a little worried, since my 850 is in truly perfect condition. I'm not really into bread and butter type of work, I want it done right the first time :yes:

The key is in the packing...done right, you could send to Kathmandu with nary a scratch (key cheezy Bob Seger song...)

And don't forget...when the work gets done by these excelent, resident techs...then it is to be sent to 'Big Macc' up in the great white north for extensive testing for two to five years...depending of make and model... :thmbsp:

Oh, no! In keeping with the spirit of Bigmacc's storage and testing/burn-in program, you may feel free to send that big Kenwood to MY house, where I will devote my care and attention to it. After all, Bigmacc is SO busy looking after everyone else's gear, that he will have no time to lavish on this deserving piece. I will sacrifice my free time in order to provide TLC for Bigmacc's Kenny. Just another example of the AK spirit going around.

Back
Top Bottom