going analog

Well, with your gear history and background...you're a fit, John.:thumbsup:

Your music path has been well walked on and you ain't been alone. Trust me on this.

Scoot around the site, get yourself familiar with what it offers and "jump in".

Good listening,

Q

Did you keep the cassettes?
Tape is a lot of fun too and you might want to look at reel to reel.
no the cassettes are are long gone, i used to have fun creating stuff with tape. i also had an old toshiba hi-fi vcr with a pcm encoder built in. i did reel to reel also back in the day.

Well, with your gear history and background...you're a fit, John.:thumbsup:

Your music path has been well walked on and you ain't been alone. Trust me on this.

Scoot around the site, get yourself familiar with what it offers and "jump in".

Good listening,

Q
Some of us think we are living in the 70's. Another result of Alzheimers I guess.
All my LP's sound new to me even if I just played them.
I still hear new details in Beatle's songs , how can that be ! ?

Welcome to AK.
A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums.
hey TEXAS, i did my basic training in san antone in 73'. nice out there.after basics i went to concerts over by the alamo somewhere. i remember d.crosby & g.nash, also humble pie & foghat. It is a nice city. used to go down to laredo now & then too. started listening to graham parson's "country rock" & that led me to the originals:m.haggard,g.jones,w.nelson,j.cash,etc.,more authentic.better.

Some of us think we are living in the 70's. Another result of Alzheimers I guess.
All my LP's sound new to me even if I just played them.
Welcome to AK.
thanx...trying to practice manuevering on this site, probably easier than it looks, just a lot of different sections.
my buddy had the 501's.we considered those to be the best ones in the barracks at the time (75',76').
Welcome to the forum.....Hit those thrift stores for more vinyl and stuff!
i got the paradigm spkrs. in a thrift store for 25.00pr. they didn't know what they had. they were charging more for broken down all in one
80's rack system pieces.

Don't remember what happened to my Bose they did perform well, Came back years later with 2 HK Citation receivers and a Marantz 1200, Tannoy, JBL, and Klipsch speakers plus turntables, equalizers, R2R, cassette decks etc.

Spent my 17th bday in San Antonio, had hair down to my belt. Remember well when it was my turn to hit the barber chair, the barber asked if I wanted to keep my hair. I started to get up, but didn't make it as I got pulled back into the chair. He then peeled off a reverse Mohawk, tossed it in my lap, and told me to mail it home, I wasn't keeping it there!

Back
Top Bottom