Going to look at a 1950 console...

Clmrt

Just thrilled.
You MSP craigslisters probably know what I'm talking about.

"1950 mahogany console" and a pair of speakers, approx 3 ft high by 30" wide.

I'll know by 630 what they really are.

The ad says $55 for the 3 pcs.... :scratch2:

I hope its something cool! I emailed and never heard back. Looks like you be da man.

RC

I guess that makes me four, send an email, and no response.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Jake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd I'm Back......

Console = 1970's Zenith. No big whoop, but it was in good shape and did sound nice.

Speakers = Allied/Knight (Jensen?) blue-horn 12" coax pair in folded horn enclosures. Semi-good shape, I'll find out soon if they work OK or not.

Very nice lady.

Gotta see picks of the speakers. They sound very cool.

You know how I like my coaxial drivers.

Correction -

15" Allied 615-HC....heh.

Now to plug them in.

Rear of the cab has a 4hx20w horn mouth that slopes down to about a 2"h throat, about 8" deep. I think my camera needs batteries...

I knew I should have called her this afternoon.

You know who to call if you want to get rid of them.

This be the driver?

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 237
That's them. Hooked one up, now on to #2. No juice yet....

I'd love to know any details....

Great googlie-mooglies, that's an EV SP15 (twincone) or 15TRX (coax). Both are awesome drivers.
attachment.php

"Three Way"

They work....6BM8's tooling around at about 65db, Black Sabbath. Gotta clean the pots.

Ohhh you son of a gun. Nice find there Colin.

I forgot to ask, ever try out those Phillips 6bm8's I sent your way?

RC

This weekend I will for sure. Thanks again.

I see the horn is mounted "tall" and not "wide". I'm getting a strange image, too. I think I'll check polarity when I re-open the cabs for pics and pot spraying. Bass is stronger sitting way off-axis.

Might be the cabs just aren't big enough for these monster drivers to push any bass. Maybe some filler in the cab would help.

The horn should be mounted tall from everything I've seen. I've also read a few things that these drivers can be a little narrow in their imaging as well do to the horn tweeters used.

Still a great find a little tweeking and you'll have something very special.

The big Regency cabs? I just sent my last pair out the door last sunday :tears:

They would of been perfect for those drivers.

RC

I thought the same thing. They sit for 6 months and a week after they are gone a perfect driver pops up.

Colin would you of had room for those beasts in the basement?

If I burn my entertainment center, yes...mwahahaha.

I'm going to watch for TS parameters / Regency cabs. These things are in 1/2" ply and resonate. While I wait I think I'll cut some braces and get some fiberglass, and some legs - the drivers are low on the baffle near the floor. I might rotate them 90 to see if the image improves, and I'll try to see if I can verify polarity.

Pics tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback so far.

G'night!

Edit - Reversed polarity on one and BAM - everything snapped into focus and the bass came to life. So much for trusting the polarity indications.

Can't WAIT to get some time alone with these to check out the boogie factor :banana:

Back
Top Bottom