Gold replacement terminals?

Infinite Mind

You know where there's one moment if your life where you just acknowledge that the Gods were with you that day? Well it happened to me.

I was driving around looking for a garage sale when I stumbled upon one that preceded a posted yard sale. I decided to jump out and look around. Baby stuff, children's books, TV stand, AND a McIntosh receiver!

My heart was pounding, it was in excellent condition, and the best part was the price tag... $25!

The model was the MAC 4300V. Internet searching showed that it was manufactured between 1988 to 1993.

I quickly headed back home and tested it. Everything works and sounds wonderful! Even the buttons on it spoke of quality! I was floored but on cloud 9 all day long.

Anyway, the only defect with the unit was that it was missing two of the speaker terminal screws (and it's adjacent clamps). Would anyone know where I can find replacements for them? Also, does anyone know where I can pick up the remote control?

I.M.

You got a 4300 for 25.00 bucks ????

You should have played the lottery to ! ;)

Congrats.

Thanks everyone!

Absolutely. I thought that I was going to drop the unit trying to dig out the $25. I'm extremely happy with the find.

Carl, I contacted McIntosh and some lady in parts told me that I would have to purchase the entire terminal strip. She said that the gold terminal screws are actually attached onto the terminal strip. Hmm... Not sure about that. I was hoping it was a simple screw (with clamp) that I could easily get replaced.

Who knows maybe next weekend I'll score another McIntosh gear and it'll have extra screws.

I.M.

I don't really know exactly how your strip is setup as far as the hardware so I can't be of much help. You could always go for function and buy some stainless steel ones at the hardware
store if you didn't want to get the whole strip I guess. Is the strip that expensive?

Carl

Carl:

It isn't a cost concern at all. The last thing that I would want to do is to break into the McIntosh to unsolder/resolder the existing terminal strip to replace two screws.

I think that it's simply a matter of screwing in new terminal screws. I was hoping that it would be that easy and non-invasive.

I.M.

Originally posted by Infinite Mind
You know where there's one moment if your life where you just acknowledge that the Gods were with you that day? Well it happened to me.

I was driving around looking for a garage sale when I stumbled upon one that preceded a posted yard sale. I decided to jump out and look around. Baby stuff, children's books, TV stand, AND a McIntosh receiver!

My heart was pounding, it was in excellent condition, and the best part was the price tag... $25!

The model was the MAC 4300V. Internet searching showed that it was manufactured between 1988 to 1993.

I quickly headed back home and tested it. Everything works and sounds wonderful! Even the buttons on it spoke of quality! I was floored but on cloud 9 all day long.

Anyway, the only defect with the unit was that it was missing two of the speaker terminal screws (and it's adjacent clamps). Would anyone know where I can find replacements for them? Also, does anyone know where I can pick up the remote control?

I.M.

$25??????:rolleyes: :confused: This sounds fishy to me. What are those things worth?

Back
Top Bottom