Goldenear Audio, any owners?

cjpremierfour

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the Goldenear Audio line of speakers. :scratch2:Does anyone own or have had a chance to spend some time with any speaker in that line?

Thanks for your time.

I owned a pair of the Aon's - small monitor - had very nice mid & highs thanks to it's tweeter [folded ribbon or some such type] -- needed more speaker for my room .

I'm currently considering the new Triton 5 .. I have auditioned the 5's twice and They are for real .. . Better than the 7's by far ,may be better than the 2's
Outstanding value for the quality of sound - although they are not much to look at .

What were you looking at ?

I own the Tower 2`s and i`am very happy with them. Great bass, sweet mid-range and natural clean highs.

They look intriguing. Need to get down to the dealer and see if they have a demo. Wondering how Aon 3s might work in my tiny computer room.

I owned a pair of the Aon's - small monitor - had very nice mid & highs thanks to it's tweeter [folded ribbon or some such type] -- needed more speaker for my room .

I'm currently considering the new Triton 5 .. I have auditioned the 5's twice and They are for real .. . Better than the 7's by far ,may be better than the 2's
Outstanding value for the quality of sound - although they are not much to look at .

What were you looking at ?

I currently own the Aon 3 speakers and like them as much as anything I have ever had, in some ways more. I was wanting to move up to a larger model but I am worried about the speakers ability to disappear and throw a sound stage in my 16' x 16.5' size room.
I pretty sure the 1's are too large, the 2, 5 and 7 are on my list! How did you like the 5's and if you don't mind asking, how big is the room you plan on using them in?

I own the Tower 2`s and i`am very happy with them. Great bass, sweet mid-range and natural clean highs.

Thanks for your response, just wondering if the 2's are too large for a 16' x 16.5' room. I have never had a speaker disappeared / throw a sound stage like the Aon 3 and was wanting the same sound except, "bigger".

Thanks for your response, just wondering if the 2's are too large for a 16' x 16.5' room. I have never had a speaker disappeared / throw a sound stage like the Aon 3 and was wanting the same sound except, "bigger".

That size of room would be perfect for the 2`s even the 1`s. The GoldenEars are noted for disappearing along with their soundstage and 3D imaging. They sound like music but also give you that you are there experience, this is where most speakers fall short.

My room is about 16.5 ft X 13 ft .. but its open to another 15 X 17 ft area
Kind of tricky to get speaker placement right .. The Triton 5's were heard in a smaller sound room & to my ears - excellent
Now the issue for me is how will they perform in the area I have ??
Used to be able to take home & demo - dealer stopped that
Try and hear the 5's they are priced well & did most things very well

My father has Triton 2's and they sound fantastic. He does have them in a very challenging room as well. 18' ceilings and large open area. They are quite impressive.

I have Triton2s in a room 14 feet deep, 22 feet long, with openings on both ends, with 9 foot ceilings. They sound amazingly good.

you guys with triton 2s, i am going to listen to these soon but i have a question-

i read that you need to place these at least three feet from the wall in order to avoid boomy bloated bass that cannot be adjusted by the level control.

do you agree?

you guys with triton 2s, i am going to listen to these soon but i have a question-

i read that you need to place these at least three feet from the wall in order to avoid boomy bloated bass that cannot be adjusted by the level control.

do you agree?

I have mine 25" from the side walls and have experienced no boomy bass, the bass i have is nice and tight and well defined. Like any speaker they are only as good as the source feeding them.

I have mine 25" from the side walls and have experienced no boomy bass, the bass i have is nice and tight and well defined. Like any speaker they are only as good as the source feeding them.

Thanks. How far from the wall behind the speakers?

I feel that these are Giant Slayers.They have an Amazing top end.Bass does not affect the clarity. No fancy cabinets.Made in China. Not Audiophile expensive. Listen to them.I think you will like them..

I too am looking at the 2+ once I unload some older stuff.
How critical (or forgiving), is the placement?
I have read so many good things about this speaker, but nothing really on how fussy it might be
around room placement.
Also what kind of power are people using with them?

I have Triton Two+ in a home theater setup with their SuperSat Center and their in ceiling surrounds, all driven by a Sony ES home theater receiver.

Honestly, they're incredible, and very forgiving of a less than ideal placement in my room. I am even considering more GoldenEar to replace my KEF LS50s in my stereo setup.

But the most impressive thing? When I had question about selecting specific models and room size, I called GoldenEar and Sandy Gross answered the phone and talked to me at length.

Bought Triton ones Monday from a guy that was going to buy the references when they came out ( he had triton fives as surrounds he was going to move to main) the ones are every thing in a speaker I could hope for - great bass, huge soundstage, great imaging and balanced sound from top to bottom.

I bought a pair of Triton 2+ speakers a few months ago. I am using them in a two-channel setup for classical music and some jazz, and they are over the top good. The bass is deep without being boomy, the treble is clear as a bell (triangles and other transients are sharp, and Ella Fitzgerald sounds like she is right in the room (singing Little White Lies with the Marty Paich Dek-tette)). Big music, like the finale of Respighi's Pines of Rome, shakes the walls without distortion. I'm very glad that I bought them!
The centers of the speakers are 2' from the side wall, 3' from the back wall, but I've tried them farther away without much difference. You can also see in the attached picture that there is too much furniture in the room and that the listening position is farther back than the equilateral triangle point. It sounds very good this way, but when I want to listen more carefully I move the ottomans under the windows and the chair on the left back into the hallway. (Sorry for the blurry picture).

Attachments

• Triton 2+.jpg
    Triton 2+.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I too am looking at the 2+ once I unload some older stuff.
How critical (or forgiving), is the placement?
I have read so many good things about this speaker, but nothing really on how fussy it might be
around room placement.
Also what kind of power are people using with them?
In my room they seem very flexible in placement. They are also efficient, so I think a lot of amps will do a go job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom