Gone,Gone,Good-Bye

Lookingglass100 said:
I found the biggest single problem with vinyl LPs was the cheap, shoddy, NFG pressings that American manufacturers foisted off on the market. When I finally had access to high quality European pressings, it was as if I were suddenly hearing the music and not the noise.....
I once returned a bad pressing to a record store in Indianapolis and they would not take it back because I had written defective on the label. What does that tell you ?

1) Don't scribble on $--- you plan to return. They consider that "personalization" which means you must have accepted it by placing your mark on it. Once you do that, they have no remedy obligations unless implied or stated in a written warranty or expressed by local, state or federal law.
2) Many record sellers of that time were of the same ilk as the salespeole at Sears, "Don't touch it! You'll break the set!", and that was because too many idiots liked to play games. I don't think their margins were much better than WE had selling gasoline (before you write, WE got 6 cents a gallon on sales back in the 1980s and what we could get in the service bays, which you never see anymore). Now, you cannot return a media purchase for cash back if it's opened, same product exchange only, and to prove it wasn't YOU that F---ed it up or copied it to "get it free", they want DNA, 2 blood samples, a sworn affadavit and a background check. That's just Wal-Mart :thumbsdn:

Last edited:
Lookingglass100 said:
I I once returned a bad pressing to a record store in Indianapolis and they would not take it back because I had written defective on the label. What does that tell you ?

It tells me you are not smart enough to return a defective item *unaltered*.
Jack

Sandy G said:
Hey, fellas, Coaster Spinners were on sale at that penultimate audio store, Walgreen's, last nite for $19.95 !! Be still my beating heart ! How many do we want?!? -Sandy G.

Lemme figure out this tubed stereophonic RCA Victor 45 platter's woes and I'll get back to you.

Sandy G said:
Hey, fellas, Coaster Spinners were on sale at that penultimate audio store, Walgreen's, last nite for $19.95 !! Be still my beating heart ! How many do we want?!? -Sandy G.

So far, all my kiddie platters have been FREE. Have to pass :)

Back
Top Bottom