Good deal on 2238B

Beautiful unit!

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but I was under the impression that the BIN option was removed once bids have been placed - I have definitely seen this in other auctions: But this one has three bids and the BIN option is still available.

Does anyone care to explain how the BIN is set up on eBay specifically with regards to how certain bidding conditions will cause the BIN option to be cancelled?

Thx.

Rgds,

Njord Noatun,

To answer your question, if a reserve is in place then the BIN option will stay as an option. If there is no reserve than the first bid removes the BIN as an option.

Nice unit, no money, story of my life! I am looking for one of that style of Marantz for my collection. Looking without money is hard to do!

whyaskit said:
Njord Noatun,

To answer your question, if a reserve is in place then the BIN option will stay as an option. If there is no reserve than the first bid removes the BIN as an option.
Thanks! Supplemental question about Reserve auctions - once the Reserve is reached, will BIN be cancelled? Or will BIN stay up until someone BINs the item, regardless of if Reserve has been met or not?

Rgds,

BIN stays up until someone buys it or until the end of the auction, as long as you have a reserve regardless if it is met or not.

Actually, as explained below with a quote from ebay, once the reserve price is met, the buy it now option goes away. "When it's part of an auction-style listing, the Buy It Now option is only shown on listings until an item receives its first bid, or, for a Reserve Price Auction, when the reserve is met. This means that when you see an item has both a Buy It Now price and a first bid price listed, you will need to act quickly!"

whyaskit said:
Nice unit, no money, story of my life! I am looking for one of that style of Marantz for my collection. Looking without money is hard to do!
Indeed, that is the same style as my 2265B. I would snap it up in a second if I had the money.
Replace the later styled 2220B with it.
I posted it here in hopes someone I know will take care of it would buy it.
Looks like we all have a money problem. :tears:

alexkerhead said:
Indeed, that is the same style as my 2265B. I would snap it up in a second if I had the money.
Replace the later styled 2220B with it.
I posted it here in hopes someone I know will take care of it would buy it.
Looks like we all have a money problem. :tears:

I have had a 2220 for the past decade or so and love it. I had a different 2220 before this one and when a channel went out I gave it to a friend of a friend who was in school and wanted to try and fix it. He moved, so I never found out if he got it going. Anyway I found my current 2220 and have been happly listening to music for 10 years.

I like (love) the look of the silver with the blue shinning through so I would like to get my hands on one. I missed a 2258 (I think :scratch2: I can not remember ) by minutes at the local thrift, $6! :tears: :tears: :tears: I'll keep looking and I am sure I will find one, or I will get a few more dollars together and be able to spend the bucks.

Jason

2238B is greal little Marantz. Typical warm Marantz sound and plenty of power. I've had two over the years. I sold the first one to get a 2252B then sold the 2252B to get back to the 2238B. There is something about the 2238B that makes it a classic and one of my favorites.

Speaking of Marantz deals on eBay, have any of you noticed that there are a couple sellers who always manage to get 2X (or more) what others do for the same gear? They're generally among the nicer offerings and have been tech-checked and nicely photographed, so a premium is understandable. But these seem beyond the high end of the scale. And they consistently have a high number of bids and always sell. What gives?

Here's another great BIN price on a 2238B. Has a chunk taken out of the left top edge of the faceplate, but it's almost worth it just for the parts (not that I would ever part out a working Marantz)!

skibjr said:
Here's another great BIN price on a 2238B. Has a chunk taken out of the left top edge of the faceplate, but it's almost worth it just for the parts (not that I would ever part out a working Marantz)!

Description states there's just a 'nick' in the faceplate! I'd say 'chunk' is about right..........

Back
Top Bottom