Good deal on SX-950????

Zinker

I'm in love with my 4300
I 'm looking at a SX-950. It has no outer blemishes on face or cabinet. Everything works and it's very clean....People are wanting $140.00

I know it's not one of the "super" Pioneer recievers,so would this be a good price???? Don't know if I should pass this up or not.....????? :scratch2:

Zinker said:
I 'm looking at a SX-950. It has no outer blemishes on face or cabinet. Everything works and it's very clean....People are wanting $140.00

I know it's not one of the "super" Pioneer recievers,so would this be a good price???? Don't know if I should pass this up or not.....????? :scratch2:

Well I don't track prices that close unless I'm in the market to buy or sell a particular item. However $140 seems very good to me if as you said it's in nice condition, cosmetic as well as functional. They don't make these anymore and prices have been rising so I'm one to say jump now rather then regret it later, you should always be able to recover your cost by resell or trading up.

Lefty

In raw, unrestored, condition, the SX-950 is worth $150 to $325, depending on cosmetic condition, as long as all functions work.

What are you standing around for? JUMP!

Rich P

Made them a counter offer.....I'm getting deeper into Pioneer.....HELP!!!!!!!

Zinker said:
Made them a counter offer.....I'm getting deeper into Pioneer.....HELP!!!!!!!
No way!

Forsake all hope, all ye who enter here.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Rich P

pustelniakr said:
No way!

Forsake all hope, all ye who enter here.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can NEVER leave.

Rich P

Got me a SX-950..... This is getting scary!!! Don't NEED more recievers, I need A TT....

Banana love!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:
DAMN!!!!!

Got that "super clean" "trophy condition" SX-950 today..... :no:

Well it all works, but the faceplate has a few bad dings in it...I guess it will clean up nice but I was REALLY hoping to get one that I don't have to go hunting a new faceplate for....POOP!!!!!!!!!

Zinker said:
DAMN!!!!!

Got that "super clean" "trophy condition" SX-950 today..... :no:

Well it all works, but the faceplate has a few bad dings in it...I guess it will clean up nice but I was REALLY hoping to get one that I don't have to go hunting a new faceplate for....POOP!!!!!!!!!
What?!?

Didn't you know that that is what "super clean" and "trophy condition" means, coming from "that" place?

Rich P

Actually looked at pics before I contacted them. Then even went and asked about the face. Works like a charm, PLENTY of power. Gives me something to hunt for, I guess. ...Live and learn......

davidb said:
Paid $175 for mine about 6 months ago. I don't regret it.

Got mine for $140, but that's not the issue. Thought I was getting one in pretty good cosmetic shape. Maybe I 'm too picky. Now I'm gonna go nuts trying to find a better faceplate.....

AND davidb, THANKS for the JBL speaker!!!!! Got those J320's sounding SWEET!!!!!! I like them BETTER than the E50's

More bananas to ya :banana: :banana: :banana:

If the unit works, just set up a search for the model, and set it the bay to notify you whenever SX950 related items are posted. It may take a while, but you just might find a faceplate.

Rich P

I paid 25 bucks for mine at a thrift, only one nick. I don't regret it either. :D

Maybe it was 50 bucks, but either way, I don't regret it. :music:

I'm certainly not regretting the 950, is does sound very "smooth". Not quite the warm sound of a Marantz.....but certainly well worth every penny I paid for it....very well made, I'll keep it.. :thmbsp:

You guys are a bad influence on this old Marantz guy...... :yes:

Back
Top Bottom