Good deal ???

That is the deal of the century. Come on folks whos gonna buy it ? Wish it was me :(

Man, ya'll gotta quit showing stuff like this. You're killing me! :scratch2:

By the way, did you read the small print - local pickup only, no shipping. :(

I'm not sure about that shipping. He says right in the description...

"Will be shipped in the original double box with all of the original packing material, owners manual, I even have the original sales brochure" :confused:

I think I'd email him about that if I was really interested.

Moon

Actually, I think it's a scam. Suddenly a trinket seller is selling a lot of big ticket items. Look at what else is currently up for auction.

the terms reek of scam.

Brad

I'd be careful. This seller doesnt seem to have a history of selling high end audio, and now suddenly he is selling a lot of it at once, cheap. And his location is a big secret, why? Looking at his past auctions shows that he is in Mass. I suppose it would be OK if you live nearby and could go to pick it up.

Also, two of his other auctions are for plasma TVs that are priced a little to good to be true. Watch out!

Last edited:
Makes you wonder why he would have two MC602, four Mark Levinson 436 mono amps, and two plasma screens. And whats up with the preapproval on bidders?

I'm now thinking it is probably a scam. Watch out you guys! Or if you are living nearby bid and go pick it up.

Prolly very good advice. I didnt even check hisv other auctions or feedback before opening my big mouth :eek:

I contacted ebay FWIW. It took them 6 days to get back to me when I informed them on the SX-1980 that "sold" for $10,000.

I would definetely do local pickup only and with a demo to make sure it was kosher, whole thing smells bogus to me.

TOTAL SCAM !!!!!!!!

Looks like the ebayer had his account stolen, because the account is registered in the US, but they want the money wired to SPAIN! :eek:

Here is his email reply:
Hello,I want to tell something about this item:

This item its a brand new one,sealed in its original box and have a certificate for three years world warranty.This item its purchased from an auction organized by the custom here in Madrid,Spain-it is confiscated from the people who try to introduce them in the country without paying the taxes ,but don't worry its perfectly legal and I have all the papers.Package contains all the accessories that you need. Final price is $1550 USD.

I will pay for the shipping and insurance taxes via UPS express box.SHIPPMENT-will be made by UPS air from Spain.

I accept wire transfer.You can make the transfer right now to be sure that you are good buyer. Please go to Western Union office(or if you wish to send the payment with your credit card via Western Union wire transfer, please call this tool free number : 1-800-CALL-CASH . They will charge your credit card and they will send a wire transfer to me) an make a wire transfer to your wife name or to your partener or any name you want (you will be safe nobody can receive the funds) but only my address.

Here is my name and on my address full:

Stephan Gruzer
C/Joan Miro 7,
CITY:Madrid
ZIP:28100

After you make the payment you will give me the information that I need for I can call at WU and ask a agent if you make a transfer and if you have the money
for this.

If the agent told me you make the transfer and I know you have the founds to pay me I will go imediately at UPS and I will send the item to your name and address.

You will receive the item in max 2 working days and you'll have 2 choise :

--a) or you change the name of your wife in my name for I can receive the money(this is free you don't need to pay any fees)

--b)or you send the item back in max 2 days(only if you don't like it)and I will pay all the fees ofreturn

The info that I need to check the transfer at WU is:

the full name and address of the sender
the full name and address of the receiver( my address)

the MTCN(is the number that you will receive when you make the payment)
the total amount

Also I need your full name and address for I can make the shipping(I will pay for this and for insurance)

The price for one pieces is only 1550$

Please e-mail me asap with your decision because I have more buyers who are interested to buy my item.

If you agree with my terms or you have any other questions please don't hesitate to mail them to me so that i can clarify them.

If you decide to buy my item when you make the payment please tell to western union that the money is for a friend because if i receive the money for an auction i
must pay aditional taxes in my country.

Best regards!

--- sae@wardsweb.org wrote:
In your auction you state item will ship in original box, but in the shipping details it says you will arrange for local pickup only ( no shipping ). So, is this item local pickup only?
------------------------

Hey, maybe its stolen or somethin.who cares. christmas is coming up and ive always wanted one. hint hint :D :rolleyes: Sure is purdy. someday im gonna get me one of them mcintosh amps. Someday...

Yeah I am gonna wire $1550 to Spain, What a nice guy to even pay the shipping and insurance on a 200lb item from Spain. Yah that's not a scam :rolleyes:

The guy that wrote that email and the guy who wrote the disciption in the auction are obviously two different people. Prolly stole the discription too.

How can we f*&k with this guy ?? Think I'm going to email him and see if hes game for a COD transaction.

J

IT'S OVER

I emailed Ebay - Account Theft on this one and they have pulled all the auctions. They don't even show up anymore in history. Slate wiped clean. I love it when the system works.

Back
Top Bottom