Good Neighbors

This is a thread of good cheer and you don't fit the theme ...
Maybe find another thread to crap on, okay??

Good neighbors my ass . One neighbor I had was having trouble with lawn mowers . I lent him a spare push lawn mower to use . When they moved , they sold it . My other neighbor , I bought some fresh Pork sausage from a farmer customer and took some over to her . First thing out of her mouth was , Oh That's really fattening. I'll give it to my son .

We are lucky to have good neighbors and it's a real mix. Retirees, young couples, children and teenagers. Acts of kindness happen on a regular basis. If someone is away on vacation, the neighbors keep an eye on the house and property. People come around on Christmas with plates of cookies and treats. If you have surgery or are laid up, someone will stop by and mow the lawn or snow blow the driveway. (Not on the same day).

My wife and I have thought about selling our house and moving to a condo or 55+ community, but we don't want to give up this neighborhood and all the diversity and goodwill.

Last edited:
This one neighbour on the west side of us can be kind of a cranky fella or, so I thought when we moved in.
But recently, since we've been having this hot weather in Coquitlam, he's started occasionally, when standing up on his 2nd floor deck, to drive his
customized ,motorized, R/C, Bluetooth , stereo, 4 wheeled,Green Bay Packers Cooler with Packers pennant on back, over into our yard and doing a U turn onto our basement level patio and demanding we grab a couple cool ones from the bottom of the ice. I'm wondering whether I should complain.
Once, the battery died when it arrived and I had to let him charge it on our patio outlet. Then,the last time, I grabbed a couple of Buds and ran into the house
without saying thank you.
It's safe to say, I think he's got a big heart and am enjoying being his neighbour. I hope he's got a sense of humour :)

We are lucky to have good neighbors and it's a real mix. Retirees, young couples, children and teenagers. Acts of kindness happen on a regular basis. If someone is away on vacation, the neighbors keep an eye on the house and property. People come around on Christmas with plates of cookies and treats. If you have surgery or are laid up, someone will stop by and mow the lawn or snow blow the driveway. (Not on the same day).

My wife and I have thought about selling our house and moving to a condo or 55+ community, but we don't want to give up this neighborhood and all the diversity and goodwill.

You're fortunate to live in a neighborhood like that. I can see why you choose to stay.

-Dave

I mentioned my neighbor gave me a ride to the mechanic shop; so today, I cleaned out her gutters.

The night after the solar eclipse, we had a record breaking downpour of rain; at least 12 inches over night.

We had a flash flood that did not get into any houses here in town, but our fairgrounds was under about 2 feet of water.

The fairgrounds is about a 1/4 of mile from my house.

Back
Top Bottom