Good places to buy CDs now that half.com is gone?

toxcrusadr

Omelette au Fromage
Where do you get used CDs cheap these days?

Yeah, I'm a CD man, haven't gone to streaming or a music server yet.

I used to buy a lot of stuff at half.com but they have rolled it into ebay and closed down half.com. I loved the way half.com was laid out, you could look up a record and there were a dozen available sorted by condition and price. Then if you picked one or two you could click on the vendor and see everything else they had and maybe buy a couple more and save on shipping. The ebay format is not so tailored to books and music.

So where do you get your stuff? Besides Bartertown that is. :cool:

I've been very happy with any amazon CD purchases I've made. Every used one has shown up looking like new. Heck, I've had CDs listed as used show up sealed.

It can get a bit bit weird, being in Canada. Dealing with stuff like shipping costs, exchange rates, whether or not a US seller will ship to me, etc, But that wouldn't apply to you.

Secondspin.com has a lot of 20-30% off sales promotions and sometimes free shipping.

Problem with Amazon is that you can't bundle shipping unless using Prime and the third-party sellers are usually cheaper than Prime, go figure.

Hey
Amazon and eBay. And of course savers. The bachelor's shopping mall. I used to find records there but now they're so over shopped I don't even try. Eric

Punch in CDs on Craigslist. I've bought some great selections at yard sales and estate sales listed on CL for cheap money. One guy was closing out his Amazon store and I got 600 CDs for $25.00. :banana:

Last edited:
ZiaRecords.com They have stores and can order online. $35 order and shipping is free. I think they clean the jewel cases because stickers etc. are removed from the used online CDs and they look new. I've purchased lots of CDs there and rarely a problem but if so, they always take care of it. I create wishlist and wait to have large enough order. It's a good place to compare. If I can't find it there I try eBay. I've purchased lots there too with no issue. Not many vendors combine shipping though.

Back
Top Bottom