Good quality interconnects?

I use these Japanese made Furukawa interconnects when listening to my best gear.
I would love to get a few more pairs,but they're quite hard to get hold off/find nowadays,although did see them once for sale on a website for $120 pair/per 1 meter (below is the pic).
I much prefer them to my UK made Chord Cobra III's,Chord Chrysalis interconnects.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTpqoQ33l9D-g01Ho4An.jpg
[/IMG]

You never really know until you try an interconnect in your setup. I like the Rega Couple at $200 better than my VdH Orchid at about $500 in my current setup. It ain't the cost it's the design, architecture and construction that matter. More than anything it's how does the above work in your system.

Truth is, if I can find a cheap interconnect or speaker cable that performs at the level of the more expensive ones I'll take them in a heartbeat. Lord knows I'm not looking to spend money on cables...:no:.

True. I think I will get one BJC LC-1 and another and see what I hear. At this point specs is all I have to go by and others experiences...and go from there. Majority of what I have read on LC-1 is pretty good....2' cable for $32 is good enough for a trial.

Thanks Art!

More than anything it's how does the above work in your system.

This is it for me. I don't care if it's used lamp cord stripped off a dead lamp or $900.00 speaker cables, if it makes the music sound great, life like and real with no listener fatigue, I'll use it!!!

All systems are different and I have various speakers to swap - I noticed that some sound great with Home Depot extension cord as wire and other speakers sound really, really bad using that cable.

As for interconnects, I was did not like Blue Jean interconnects. Made the music sound too clinical.

I should dig mine out and donate them to a friend or something....

Mogami, Belden and Canare make most of the cables used in studios where most of our recordings were made in the first place. They each have a range of different cables for different purposes and at different price points. What they are is high-quality and consistent. Get some good end connectors like Neutriks, and do a careful job of soldering using high-quality (eutectic) solder. You'll get good results.

Yes, you can use more expensive "audiophile' cables and the sound may change, but how it changes will depend on your particular set-up. In most cases, something will be lost and something exaggerated (by comparison, at least). You might like that sound more, but the studio cables will give you a more accurate, transparent sound in most cases. Overall, I think the studio cables give the best value-for-money, for most systems. After all, if they are eliminating any portion of the recording, it was already eliminated in the studio during the recording process!

I'd recommend trying as many different cables as you can reasonably get hold of, to see what you like best in your system. Often, there will be little difference between many of them, but some may noticeably alter the sound. In the end, I've been happy in most cases to stick with the DIY ones using the studio cable (I mostly use Mogami), but I also use some six-nines or better Japanese-made OHNO OFC cables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom