Good site for replacment PC boards for Nakamichi CD Players

supertramp1

Ya 'll I'm brand new to this group and by accident that I even found it - but I m glad I have . I am a avid DIY guy!
I have a Nakamichi CD Player 2, that the display at first would show the 6 discs location, but NOT have the little red markers that they were loaded, nor would ANY of the controls work for disc selection , open or load CD, play , pause ..none of he controls would work . when I unplugged it and hit the on-off switch several times , the display only now "blinks 1-6 " and that is all.
SO, I have determined that the control switch &Display Assy or PCB board is bad. I have not checked it with any scopes or other analytical electrical equipment , but my deductions says that is the culprit.
So, my question , is WHERE or who has a source of parts for this unit? I checked on line and HIFI Engine.com has a incredible site, where you can down load the actual repair manual. I searched it and found the actual part # for this PCB board or the whole assembly .
The PCB board is part # 0B60826B
The Control switch & Display Assy is part # BA07928A

Im not sure if I need the whole Assy or just the board,- but my question is WHERE would I find a source of parts for this unit , IF I know the actual part number ?

Glad your posting.
Welcome
What model?
Make sure the board is getting all the power it needs.
I look and find other models that share the same parts. I'll find lesser donor units at the thrift and part them out.
The displays will share the same components across different manufactures of that generation. Like the chip used in the function control board.

You can troubleshoot by bypassing the suspect component with parts from another set or short circuit the function board manually?
Your hunch is probably right but this way you can verify the operation before looking for what you really need.

Back
Top Bottom