Good Vibrations Concerning Australian and UK AK Members

Bratwurst7s

In The Frying Pan
Subscriber
I've thought about posting this for a while and have been a bit unsure about how exactly to best present my thoughts.

Singling out a small group of members can be divisive because it can give the impression of pushing down or excluding other members, but no, we are not going there. Right here and now I am just posting some positive thoughts and good vibrations about some people that I've grown to admire.

I've thought a good bit lately about my interactions with and posts read from our Australian and UK brethren. And the single theme that comes to mind is that it's always been good or better than good.

When I think about any conversation that I've had with or read from the above mentioned group the key words that come to mind are: Knowledgeable. Helpful. Friendly. Insightful. Humorous. Respectful.

I'm not sure why it's important for me to post this right now, but it is.

You guys just peg my Fun-meter off-scale-high. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
James

Hi James,
speaking only for myself,
sharing knowledge is free, why not,
people have helped me, so I'll help others.
Respect is a two way street.
Fun, if you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
I'm too apathetic to be serious.

I treat people as if I might meet them in person one day.

Cheers, Timo.

I have received help from a number of overseas folks, always without the drama that seem to accompany a number of topics. Cheers.

Not that they are the only ones that help but since you mentioned them, I thought I would pile on to the bandwagon.

BTW,
the fun stops when the Cricket, League or Union starts.

Back in the early '80s when MTV, ESPN and cable TV were new, some buddies and I got into watching Australian rules football. We never could figure out the rules. Best we could understand it seemed to be a mix of rugby, basketball, US football without the pads and heavyweight boxing. So we just turned off the sound, spun some LP's and pounded Fosters. A good time was had by all. We especially liked the referees in their trenchcoats and hats.

Cheers,
James

BTW,
the fun stops when the Cricket, League or Union starts.
My guess an ex-pat Brit living in NZ: He'd follow England in the Cricket, New Zealand in the Rugby and since Rugby League in real terms does not rate the slightest bit of interest in NZ( Okay, maybe a microscopic bit of interest but that's all) there is little to clash there.

I'm American. But the best quote I heard on AK was when our favorite hall monitor (named after a big Ford Motor) was giving some Aussies a big lecture about forum decorum. The Aussie guy said "We just like a good stir." Well put.

I like big Ford V8s, big butts, and having fun. No reason they can't all be enjoyed together
index.php

PS: I'm not really crazy about big butts.

BBQ = row of blondes, lining up before the door of a nail studio? :)

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Back
Top Bottom