Good Vibrations Concerning Australian and UK AK Members

Greetings from the U.K.
We might all do things a bit differently but.....................we're all AKers. AK bringing the world together.:jump:

The BeeGees were British,they were tearaways from Chorlton in Manchester,they got moved by their family to Oz as prison was on the horizon.ACDC,4/5th Scottish.
Theres a sport Theophile might help me out.
If I remember correctly the winners of the Aussie Rules League would play the winners of the Irish Shinty league with compromised rules of both sports.
The most violent sport Ive ever seen but played in good spirits.
Got to go out to a showcase by a young folk muscians album launch,and winters setting in again.

he BeeGees were British

Your point is well taken, but that is why I used the word produced. They produced their first success in Australia as the Bee Gees. In the UK their first group was called the Rattlesnakes if I'm not mistaken. Yes they were definitely more British then Australian. They also lived and recorded some of their most famous work Miami. Their sun tans always looked fabulous by the way. I often think of them as from Oz.

Nah. You are just showing how intelligent you are. Moving from Britain to Australia is a smart move.

I like that I can call people back home POMs now. Maybe it's a little off since I'm in the States rather than Australia.

POM means Prisoner Of Mother England.

It's kind of nice the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and Yanks can do the friendly bantering.. I think the Germans take it pretty well too.

If I remember correctly the winners of the Aussie Rules League would play the winners of the Irish Shinty league with compromised rules of both sports.
The most violent sport Ive ever seen but played in good spirits.
Aussie rules football is basically Irish gaelic football played with an oval ball instead of a round ball. Every couple of years the best players from aussie rules play the best players from Irish gaelic football. Now Shinty is basically a Scots version of Irish hurling...The fastest field game on the planet. The Irish get to play the Scots also every so often....Frantic stuff.

Funny story - several years ago, me and the family went to the States and we did the Disney / Vegas / Canyon stuff and had a great time. At the canyon, we stayed overnight in this kind of Wild West ranch thing (for tourists, of course !) and we sat down to dinner with a big bunch of other tourists from all over the world. The hosts could identify the Germans, French etc but when it came to the Kiwis, Aussies and Brits the hosts had no clue which country we were all from - much to our amusement :)

The hosts could identify the Germans, French etc but when it came to the Kiwis, Aussies and Brits the hosts had no clue which country we were all from - much to our amusement :)
Very simple to indentify....The kiwis play better rugby than than aussies or brits:thumbsup:

Funny story - several years ago, me and the family went to the States and we did the Disney / Vegas / Canyon stuff and had a great time. At the canyon, we stayed overnight in this kind of Wild West ranch thing (for tourists, of course !) and we sat down to dinner with a big bunch of other tourists from all over the world. The hosts could identify the Germans, French etc but when it came to the Kiwis, Aussies and Brits the hosts had no clue which country we were all from - much to our amusement :)
That's easy,
Brit's will complain about the food and beer,
Aussies will eat all the food and drink all the beer,
Kiwis will eat all the food, ask for seconds, drink all the beer, and pinch the cutlery.

That's easy,
Brit's will complain about the food and beer,
Aussies will eat all the food and drink all the beer,
Kiwis will eat all the food, ask for seconds, drink all the beer, and pinch the cutlery.

and the Yorkshireman (me) will adhere strictly to the 'Tykes Code' which states -

‘Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eat all, sup all, pay nowt;

And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt –
Allus do it fer thissen.

Roughly translated, this code states that as a Yorkshireman I must -

Hear everything, see everything, say nothing
Eat everything, drink everything, but pay for nothing
And if I ever do something for nothing
Make sure I'm doing it for myself.

Up the Tykes :)

Steady on,
OP is from Germany.
Having spent time in Germany,its a fantastic country,so clean and organised.
I admire their stance on recycling and how to combat pollution,the TV is rubbish and the locals cannot dance.The beer is delightful.
I spent an afternoon in Cologne,what a stunning cathedral,and across the river a goth festival was taking place.
Berlin is next on my list.

The last frontier?
aust-map.png

Back
Top Bottom