Goodbye Mister Rogers

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
I for one was depressed to hear about the passing of Mister Rogers, he was just one of those people that you thought would be around forever. He was a part of my childhood and now my 3 year old son loves to watch him and the cast in the land of make-believe. I'm sure that there are many children in the world that would have grown up feeling unloved and unwanted if it were not for him making them feel that they were loved and truly special.

Rest in peace.

My daughter grew up with him. For me it was Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans.

I'm sure that Fred will be helping to raise another generation of youngsters with reruns. Children loved him because they could sense his "goodness".

Mike

Reactions to the death of Fred Rogers (AP)

From the Associated Press, reactions to the death of Fred Rogers, host of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," from around the nation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Today, our state has lost a great role model and our country has lost one of history's greatest teachers." -- Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He's a guiding force here. There's a lot of good men in the world, but few great men. He was a great man." -- Jane Werner, executive director of the Pittsburgh Children's Museum.

"Fred did what he knew needed to be done in his sphere of influence. He had his own kingdom." -- Bob Keeshan, "Captain Kangaroo."

"He was so genuinely, genuinely kind, a wonderful person. You can't imagine what a nice, gentle man Fred Rogers is." -- David Newell, who played Mr. McFeely, the Speedy Delivery man on "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."

"He was not an actor. He had a problem with acting. People would ask us, 'What is Mr. Rogers really like?' The thing was, he was the same. What you saw is what you got," Newell said.

"The best part is people continue to be nourished by his message to appreciate yourself. It's universal. ... Fred always thought of children first and how to talk to them. Every parent has to decide how best to talk to their children about this." -- Hedda Sharapan, associate producer of the show.

"He felt the media was something that could be used for the good, and he decided to use it for the good of children -- for the good of everybody, really." -- Joe Negri, who appeared as the royal handyman and owner of "Negri's Music Shop" on the show.

"He didn't sit for anything shoddy. He had a vision for every little segment of that program." -- Negri.

"Fred Rogers enriched our lives for three decades on PBS, and gratefully, through Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Programs, he will continue to do so." -- Pat Mitchell, PBS president and chief executive officer.

"Fred Rogers was a national treasure and we were privileged to have him as our neighbor." -- Jim Roddey, chief executive of Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh.

"More teacher than celebrity, Mr. Rogers, by his example, taught us about goodness, honesty and dignity. For that, he was a parent's most trusted resource, and a child's most trusted friend." -- Robert T. Coonrod, president and CEO of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

"His program was quite unique. It was certainly a counterpoint to 'Sesame Street' in terms of its pace. ... Mr. Rogers was the father who was available. He was the unhurried guy who always had time for the kids." -- Alan Hilfer, a child psychologist at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Hello Neighbor

I think Fred Rodgers was welcomed into heaven. :wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom