Goodbye, Nico!!!

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
Five days after winning the Formula 1 championship Nico Rosberg announces his retirement. That's a pity. F1 is tough, very very tough, anyway he has always been a Gentleman (not on the track, of course) like Michael Schumacher. Nico said some days ago that he really hopes that Michael was capable of realizing his success because he learned so much from him.

nico.jpg

Man, one and done. That kind of pressure has to weigh on you, I bet Mercedes is having to beat back applicants for his seat with a stick.

I missed this. Thanks, for posting this Chris. I guess the silly season is going start early. What do hear of Michael's health?

-Dave

No Michael updates for quite a long time - more than a year. A lot of repeated nonsense in the yellow press, but trust only the announcements by manager Sabine Kehm!

No Michael updates for quite a long time - more than a year. A lot of repeated nonsense in the yellow press, but trust only the announcements by manager Sabine Kehm!

I feared as much. I was hoping that there might have been more recent news in the German press. We don't get a lot of F1 coverage in the States.
Congratulations to Nico.

-Dave

There is a strict "news embargo" by the family in order to protect Michael's privacy.

Nico was indeed under a huge pressure, triggerd also by his own almost life long expectations. His young family suffered from that in the last months pretty much, so Nico had no choice... but I my impression is that he is happy, very happy now.

IMG_0109.JPG Good for him and his family! Not a Hammy fan hope to see Scuderia back up along with Williams, Red Bull, etc

This was on my locals Porsche club site

Indeed, the pressure on Nico must have been tremendous for a variety of reasons. When I told my girlfriend the news about Nico retiring she replied, "Really? Well good for him." She was sad that there is no new news about Michael. He was her favorite driver. BTW, my girlfriend is the one who got me interested in F1.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom