Goodwill find...EPI Speakers!

SixCats!

Hi all,

Geeze....I found a PRISTINE pair of EPI 120 tower speakers today. All drivers are in EXCELLENT condition. Tonight, I hooked them up to my Sansui QRX-7001...I must admit...I was BLOWN AWAY/ very impressed by such a inexpensive EPI speakers. My research shows that these EPI's were made around 1991-93 and had a list price of $400.00 the pair. Heck...I bought these speakers for $9.99 the PAIR! I plan to give these speakers, a Technics SA 290 50 watt Receiver (that I also bought today for $9.99) and a Magnavox CD player to the STRIVE program where I work with young adults with Mental Retardation. I have been wanting to get the system set up for some time but waited until I found a good pair of inexpensive speakers. Super...an entire system that should sound darn good for LESS than $40.00 I think the kids will love it!

SixCats!

I got a pair of EPI magnus 11's from Grumpy and they sound excellent I also have a pair of Magnus 12's that need refoaming.

SixCats, you are a credit to your homeroom. What a great way to utilize that system. I love you.

15 years ago, my wife (the former Theresa Talamonti) and I got custody of our 2 1/2 year old niece Tiffany. Now she is our daughter. She has Rett Syndrome, a terribly debilitating neurological disease. She is classified as profoundly retarded. Bullshit. She's as sharp as a tack, and will have a roof over her head as long as I have one over mine. She LOVES the "big" music, so she has an ass kicking rig in her bedroom. She attends the Woods Institute daily across the river in Transylvania, (it's Pennsylvania, but I see a lot of vampires every time I cross that damn river) and I have fitted out quite a few classrooms with stereo rigs myself. You sir, are a good man. I salute you.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Toasted Almond,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words...however...it is YOU that is to be saluted for taking custody and care of Tiffany! My work with young adults with Mental Retardation is very rewarding but...I get to go home after 5:00 p.m. (M-F) and it is just me, my wife and our six Cats. You and the Mrs. on the other hand have a MUCH more difficult undertaking caring for Tiffany. I SALUTE you!

SixCats! aka Tom Patrick

Back
Top Bottom