Goodwill Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how these seemingly simple threads run off the track and crash.For me when I was in my thrift heyday I didn't give a rats butt about the politics of the thrift system.I was too thrilled to find a clean set of L100s for $35 or a very well regarded tube pre for $10 and many more of the same.Should have I been concerned about the other end...maybe but I wasn't.I was to encompassed in my new speakers that I wouldn't have been able to afford online.

Well, I had fun reading this while listening to Radiohead on my Pioneer tape deck through my KLH receiver. All were gotten at thrifts within the last few months, not to mention my other scores. It can still be done.

1495756178994-1163663605.jpg

I just picked up a pair of infinity RS2 book shelf speakers for $10.50

Grills were missing, and dust covers pushed in. I pulled the dust covers out with the tape they were holding them together with.

Times are changing. Here in AZ, GW went to being mostly empty to being packed, especially on the weekends. I take it as a reflection of the economy we have been in that last few years. I don't go as often as I used to but on the weekends or if I get the odd day off I will go. Still find things but as has been said before, to get the great scores you have go often. Just realize the competition has never been greater.

the best place to pick up anything is yard sales an thrift stores,anyone who...doesnt..use the internet..i remember a few years ago,at a yard sale

seeing a nice 2226b,marantz..but it was staticky,an i told the guy,i,ll do 25,but not 35,it needs a bulb,an some cleaning..i got it,an cleaned pots etc..sold it for like 135 to a couple mexican guys,an all of us were happy,love the ..b .series receivers..silver,an blue lights,nice..........big warm rich analog.25 watts sounds near like 100.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom