Goodwill score - Yammie TX-900

JimmyNeutron

So I went to my local Goodwill this afternoon to shoot the time. They had a Yamaha TX-900 tuner in very, very nice condition - just no power cord (it's one of those replaceable types of AC cords). There was no way to test it, but for $19.99 I thought it would be worth it (besides, I have 14 days to return items at Goodwill :thmbsp: ). I come home, find me a spare AC cable, hook it into my garage system for the test. It works! It works just fine, absolutely no problems. I go to Yamaha's website and download the users manual. I also went to Tunerinfo.com and read up a bit on it. Seems they had nothing but good things to say about it. It sure is pretty, though. And I'll be damned if it doesn't pull stations in stronger than either my Denon TU-550 or Pioneer TX-8500II. I'm reakoning this Yammie will replace my Denon in my bedroom system.

Question: (yeah, you knew there would be one) This is my very first Yamaha tuner and I know some AK'er's hold these guys in pretty high regards. Can anyone give me their personal thoughts on this tuner?

Muchas gracias!! ------Jimmy

Yammie%20900.JPG

Last edited:
Don't know anything about that particular tuner but nice score. In general Yahama tuners seem to be consistantly good across the board so you probably have a keeper. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom