Got ony good iPod tricks???

Andyman

Scroungus Stereophilus
Subscriber
I just figured this one out a few days back. :D

My 16 G 2nd Gen Touch was getting too full and I couldn't sync it against the 3 playlists I had because they were bigger than the 16 GB, so I had to do some trimming. I went and tweaked a Smart Playlist and made another.

FYI, Smart Playlists are sweet. They allow you to create active automatically updating playlists according to criteria you select. I had been syncing to 3, Rock, Top Rated and Recently Added, but I decided to mess around and get creative. I deleted Rock from the sync list and made a new one; Least Played.

Least Played is sweet. It's culled from the songs I've played the least ( or more likely loaded from CD and NEVER played in iTunes) and I've set it to exclude songs in the other two Playlists I sync to so there's no duplication. I also set it to a 4 GB size, rather than a song number so it will be a consistent, uniform size. I have 4 GB of music I haven't heard in a while and can listen to it back and forth from work. I set it to shuffle and I get basically my own free form "deep cuts" listen. But here's the best part: once you play a song it drops out of the playlist and makes room for more, so the next time you sync the list evolves.

It's a great way to check out stuff you've never got around to and always have something new and exciting (hopefully) to listen to.

Give it a shot :thmbsp:

Last edited:
We are thinking alike. Last week I went through my library and made a deep
cut playlist from bands like AC/DC, Stones, Beatles, Van Halen, Steely Dan
ect, ect... Deep but not too deep. Turned out pretty well. I have also been
making playlists using the entire cd on some good ones. That is a change of
pace from the same old playlists.
Here is a tip I learned. I have a sonic impact amp and some Minimus 7
speakers hooked to the ipod for a lightweight travel/tailgate system. Under
settings on the ipod, go to the EQ and click Hip Hop instead of rock. It gives warmer
bass to the small speakers and kills that ipod shrill.

Back
Top Bottom