Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

pustelniakr

Silver Miner at Large
Subscriber
Discussion of the annual MOTY (Member of the Year) award is going on in various locations of late. It got me thinking of the unsung heroes, and generally just great folks we have here, in our huge family.

I don't want to discuss the MOTY award here. This thread is intended to have absolutely nothing to do with that topic. My intent is to provide a place where we can give props and kudos to folks that have done things worthy of recognition.

Has a fellow member done something kind, selfless, special, encouraging, genuine, helpful, educative, supportive, or any other such characteristic, that is worthy of praise? Post it in this thread. Please post the @ sign, attached to the front of the member's AK handle, once in your post, which will give that person an alert, when someone makes positive mention of him/her in here. Here is an example: @pustelniakr.

I hope that this thread becomes one of the most popular, longest threads at AK, for there is certainly a huge pool of praiseworthy contributors here. I intend to post an illustrative post immediately following this introduction, unless someone graciously beats me to it.

Enjoy,
Rich P

PS...No negativity or debate of any kind belongs in this thread. This thread SHALL be maintained in a purely positive state. It should be a place where we can resort, when we need a bit of encouragement and/or inspiration...

Also, this thread is not intended to give positive feedback for a successful BarterTown transaction.

Last edited:
If I may, I would like to start this record with a shout out to the moderators and admins of Audio Karma. I am excluding myself, since I am the new guy in the group.

This august group of folks are some of the most passionate folks we have around here. Mostly, they operate behind the scenes, doing their best to provide the structure that allows this to be the best forum of its kind on the web. They have a difficult line to tread, not too much, not too little, not too harsh, not too meek, etc. The job tends to be a bit thankless, and unrecognized, but it is accomplished for the good of AK and its members.

They are human, and they frequently agonize about how they do their jobs. More than anything else, they are fellow members, with you, in a forum that was created for folks to have fun and experience a bit of virtual community.

AK staff...thank you.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
I would like to give a shout out to the vendors, sponsors and subscribers of AK. Without you, AK would likely not exist, or would be a much smaller forum. I am a member of, and owner of one, small forum, so I know whereof I speak. Big forums, like this one, take a lot of resources and funding to keep it going.

Vendors, sponsors and subscribers of AK, thank you.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Members of Audio Karma. Without you...what can I say?

You are an amazing bunch of folks. A huge bunch of amazing folks. Because of you, we have a really fun place to play and learn. This is truly a community, and is really a sort of family. We literally have all kinds here, and our scope is so much beyond the love of audio and music. If we all came together to form a physical community, we would be a pretty large town, and the government would likely be moved to give us several exits from an interstate highway.

AK members, thank you!

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
@Rome

I have never seen this fellow, who I consider to be a friend, say ANYTHING unkind or disrespectful to, or about, ANYONE. Brother, I notice, and aspire to be, the kind of person that you are. You are always ready to give a word of encouragement and support, and are very sensitive to when such is needed. We have never met in meat space, but I certainly hope that the opportunity presents itself, while I am still on the top side of the dirt.

I am contemplating putting together an AK Fest in Tucson soon. If the idea flies, please, please do your very best to present yourself at said fest. I want to shake your hand, look you in the eye, and chew some fat with you.

Brother Rome, thank you!

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
@pustelniakr

Thanks for mentioning @Rome. When I was reading your first post, I started to think about Rome, as definitely someone on whom I wanted to shine a spotlight, though he is loath to be recognized for his deeds. I continued reading, thinking about past conversations I have had with Rome, Don, a genuine and humble man. As I neared the bottom post, I recalled how Don's advice had come to mind, more than once, when I was struggling with a question of conscience. The post was almost fully composed, when I came upon yours, about Brother Rome. Truly, we know the same man.

At that moment, I realized that, in my mind, standing beside Rome, is your own self. Your advice, and example, have helped me more than you know. Some of those questions have been here, others, in my personal life. When I need support, I remember the prayers you have offered, and I find it is given. Truly, the two of you are gems cut from the same rough stone.

I know that I am blessed with many friends in my life, both here, and IRL. I count both you and Rome among them, and happily so.

Thank you, Brother Rich.

@Kamakiri and @Grumpy

Tim (Kamakiri), thank you for creating this playground of ours, and giving us a place to share our passion, joy, and expertise. I bet you never thought it would become what it is. We have spent time together in meat space. I cherish those memories. I hope all is well with you my friend.

Dave (Grumpy), thank you for picking up the yoke and carrying it down the road. I cannot tell you how much I am inspired by your care for folks with needs, and your willingness to shoulder the burden of steering this gigantic ship. Your fingerprint is large and obvious. I want to give a shout out to your beloved bride as well. Her influence is obvious and appreciated.

Kamakiri and Grumpy, thank you!

Enjoy,
Rich P

@HarmanKardon

Chris, I want to express my appreciation of your heart and ways. You care about people and it is obvious from wherever your contributions are found. We don't always agree, but your presentation is flawless, and your care for folks is worthy of emulation. I don't think I have ever seen you lose your cool, even when you feel that some injustice has been perpetrated in your presence. Stay who you are, please.

HarmanKardon, thank you!

Enjoy,
Rich P

They are human, and they frequently agonize about how they do their jobs.

I'll start here, I often wonder how they can really do it, and I'm not talking about the time spent or anything. But for the most part it's that battle in their head and having to deal with people they know. Trust me Rich I'v gotten plenty of PM, getting my you know what kicked:p All the while I know damn well they don't want to be in that position I put them in.

I couldn't do it and know it takes someone special.

@Rome

I have never seen this fellow, who I consider to be a friend, say ANYTHING unkind or disrespectful to, or about, ANYONE.

Agree, and he is the one you will always see with our constant Welcoming Committee.
Their is a certain group you will always see in the Introductions, Birthday Wishes and a New members system brining encouragement, he's one of them.

Rome lives in Texas.... lots of good people there

@dcmfan

Mike will give the shirt off his back if he can help you, and is known to go way out of his way to give a helping hand. He turned into a really good friend on this site and is from Texas

Another Texas boy, is Robert @ETLS, He's very much like Mike and such a hard worker, If you want to get a smile on your face he's the one to do it with his whit.

I am contemplating putting together an AK Fest in Tucson soon. If the idea flies, please, please do your very best to present yourself at said fest. I want to shake your hand, look you in the eye, and chew some fat with you....

Oh boy, oh boy! I'll come on down from Pres-kitt!! That would be SO COOL! (Well, unless it's in summer that is)

A shout out to @catrafter / AKA Tom Williams. Always helping out on the Marantz forum and for years now! I've learned some cool tricks from him. Glad to know you as a friend but if you get close to Prescott again without coming by I might just disown you! I appreciate all who chime in on the Marantz forum with help and there are many. Good advice comes in from around the world, such as Pete in England. Some enthusiastic newer folks are learning like sponges and now offering help and I'm thinking of at least my friend Steve Tate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be back with many many more;)

All I know is I have been blessed with this site, I don't come here for audio, sure we talk about that. But in reality it's the friends we make, at least if your willing to put yourself out there to make them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom