Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

It is fitting that this genuinely fine fellow member has, to use his own words, consistently “done things that are kind, selfless, special, encouraging, genuine, helpful, educative, and supportive” of members throughout all of AK. His wonderful perspective on life shines through his posts, especially when members are mentioning some of their most difficult life experiences. I have been touched by his wise comforting words many times over the years.

And, of course, there is the sage advice and help that he offers members about audio, tuners, tape decks and music too.

Thank you Rich P, for all that you do for AK and its members.

@pustelniakr

Shout out to three people:

1. @Tim D - for the A245 amp paid-forward for free, so I can try my hand at re-capping it before tackling my Mom's old amp. Thanks man!
2. @4-2-7 - for packing all those great rock albums in the box I bought. Great selections!
2. The AK collective. For answering a n00b's questions about speakers, turntables, amps, cleaning records, stylus choices, cables, CD players, on and on...you guys and gals are great.

@Rome

I have never seen this fellow, who I consider to be a friend, say ANYTHING unkind or disrespectful to, or about, ANYONE. Brother, I notice, and aspire to be, the kind of person that you are. You are always ready to give a word of encouragement and support, and are very sensitive to when such is needed. We have never met in meat space, but I certainly hope that the opportunity presents itself, while I am still on the top side of the dirt.

I am contemplating putting together an AK Fest in Tucson soon. If the idea flies, please, please do your very best to present yourself at said fest. I want to shake your hand, look you in the eye, and chew some fat with you.

Brother Rome, thank you!

Enjoy,
Rich P

Ahhh Rich!
Like I've stated often in my opinion this is the Finest internet place of kind hearts I am just a simple man. My heart is elated to read such kind sentiments. I am always here for encourage & be a friend.

Thanks so much,
Don aka Rome

Last edited:
@pustelniakr

Thanks for mentioning @Rome. When I was reading your first post, I started to think about Rome, as definitely someone on whom I wanted to shine a spotlight, though he is loath to be recognized for his deeds. I continued reading, thinking about past conversations I have had with Rome, Don, a genuine and humble man. As I neared the bottom post, I recalled how Don's advice had come to mind, more than once, when I was struggling with a question of conscience. The post was almost fully composed, when I came upon yours, about Brother Rome. Truly, we know the same man.

At that moment, I realized that, in my mind, standing beside Rome, is your own self. Your advice, and example, have helped me more than you know. Some of those questions have been here, others, in my personal life. When I need support, I remember the prayers you have offered, and I find it is given. Truly, the two of you are gems cut from the same rough stone.

I know that I am blessed with many friends in my life, both here, and IRL. I count both you and Rome among them, and happily so.

Thank you, Brother Rich.

Oh my goodness, Ernie!
Now, I struggle to hold back the tears, but I am not that strong when a heart like yours blesses mine so.
Again I say revert to my earlier post & I am eternally grateful for your friendship & kindness when I needed it as well.

AK is so blessed to have so many kind hearts ready to help in any way they can.
Thanks so much,
Don aka Rome

Agree, and he is the one you will always see with our constant Welcoming Committee.
Their is a certain group you will always see in the Introductions, Birthday Wishes and a New members system brining encouragement, he's one of them.

Rome lives in Texas.... lots of good people there

Thanks so much, 4-2-7! Your posts have inspired many, indeed!

Rome

Last edited:
@dcmfan

Mike will give the shirt off his back if he can help you, and is known to go way out of his way to give a helping hand. He turned into a really good friend on this site and is from Texas

Another Texas boy, is Robert @ETLS, He's very much like Mike and such a hard worker, If you want to get a smile on your face he's the one to do it with his whit.

Both of these AKer's are fine fellas & I personally know ole Robert. He lives in my hometown still & I've had the pleasure to have met him. A true craftsman & even finer gentlemen. Glad to call him my friend!

Don

@Rome

Don is a monster of lovingkindess and empathy. Hug you, Teach!

Ahhh Chris!
Thanks to AK for letting a thread called "You Get The Last Word" have a place for a break for all to enjoy. Chris is the stand in "Teach" while I am away :). He's always there to keep the order & I am truly grateful to call him friend & all those kiddies in the class!

Thanks so much Chris for all you do,
Don aka ole "Teach" Rome

Last edited:
Chris...AKA
@HarmanKardon is a brother from another mother. What's really cool about him is the things he notices as his eyes are wide open. He pays attention to what's going on and who is going through something good or bad. He will then go out of his way to bring it to the attention of everyone.

I think it's the constant thinking of others that he does that makes him stand out.

Back
Top Bottom