Got Praise for a Fellow AK Member? Post it here

I know there was a thread that expressed a sorta collective appreciation and gratitude for the mods, but I must hold out one for special mention: @Celt

Over the many years I have been here I have enjoyed Dan's humor, his insights, his devotion to things Fender, and willingness to jump into technical matters and offer assistance. All that and I, too, loved and miss Yeller Dawg.

Best wishes always to ya, Dan.

- edwin

@guiller ... Thank you sir. The feeling is mutual. Any member in here who loves turntables as much as you do has to be a real cool guy. :)

@Ken Boyd .... Thank you for the nice words Ken. I always enjoy reading your posts as well. Your record collection, especially the Classical stuff, is second to none.

@poppachubby .... Thank you popps for showing me what jazz is all about and allowing me to explore this vast genre more in detail. I've discovered a plethora of jazz music (and musicians). Thanks to you I'm almost broke! ;)

@audiodon ... May you rest in peace Don. Thank you for your help and generosity on the Fisher forum. You sir, were a true gentleman and a real class act!

@eljr ... One of the best in the Classical music thread. Thank you for your selections, I have discovered a bunch of new material.

@theophile .... Always a straight shooter, never mincing words but conveying yourself in a respectful manner. Learned allot from you.

@4-2-7 ... Just for being a "smart ass". I enjoy reading your posts, always honest in tone and never mincing words.

@BlindBoyGrnt .... Just because. Your love for a variety of music is refreshing. Also, thank you for allowing me to share an espresso with you every Saturday and Sunday morning on the various music threads. My day isn't complete without saying: Top of the morn' or What's shakin' BBG?! ;)

@Mystic ... You are too cool man. Stealth but always present. I enjoy your musical tastes, a wide variety.

Many more names worthy of mention and praise, just drawing a blank right now.

Thank you AK for assembling a family of really fine people. :thumbsup:

Cheers all!

@guiller ... Thank you sir. The feeling is mutual. Any member in here who loves turntables as much as you do has to be a real cool guy. :)

@Ken Boyd .... Thank you for the nice words Ken. I always enjoy reading your posts as well. Your record collection, especially the Classical stuff, is second to none.

@poppachubby .... Thank you popps for showing me what jazz is all about and allowing me to explore this vast genre more in detail. I've discovered a plethora of jazz music (and musicians). Thanks to you I'm almost broke! ;)

@audiodon ... May you rest in peace Don. Thank you for your help and generosity on the Fisher forum. You sir, were a true gentleman and a real class act!

@eljr ... One of the best in the Classical music thread. Thank you for your selections, I have discovered a bunch of new material.

@theophile .... Always a straight shooter, never mincing words but conveying yourself in a respectful manner. Learned allot from you.

@4-2-7 ... Just for being a "smart ass". I enjoy reading your posts, always honest in tone and never mincing words.

@BlindBoyGrnt .... Just because. Your love for a variety of music is refreshing. Also, thank you for allowing me to share an espresso with you every Saturday and Sunday morning on the various music threads. My day isn't complete without saying: Top of the morn' or What's shakin' BBG?! ;)

@Mystic ... You are too cool man. Stealth but always present. I enjoy your musical tastes, a wide variety.

Many more names worthy of mention and praise, just drawing a blank right now.

Thank you AK for assembling a family of really fine people. :thumbsup:

Cheers all!

It has been an honour having you as a friend, and spending your money!!

@dcgillespie
@larryderouin

Dave and Larry spend countless hours helping other members restore and troubleshoot Fisher gear on the Fisher forum. Their good cheer and patient counsel has been a blessing to anyone needing help. It is people like Dave and Larry who's dedication, skill, and passion, bring me to AK daily for advice and entertainment.

Thank you Dave and Larry!

Last edited:
'
Thanks I guess I just do not post much these days as though over two years have gone by since her passing the pain does not get any better and I am afraid that I am not really great company.

ml, always remember that you have many friends here with willing shoulders to lean on. I know, many have comforted & continue to be there for me in times of comfort in Carolyn's passing.

Cry when you need to & also be ready to enjoy the blessings that await you.

Rome

'
Thanks I guess I just do not post much these days as though over two years have gone by since her passing the pain does not get any better and I am afraid that I am not really great company.

When my 87 year old grandfather was chastised by my then 65 year old father for dawdling his remaining days grieving for my grandmother (passed away 4 years prior), I gently scolded him, telling my own father that he knew not what it meant to lose a partner of 61 years.

Now, both of them are gone, and I do what I can to salve my mother's wounds.

Please remember this, Rob - Pain shared is halved, and pleasure shared is doubled. Please come around more often, sir.

Back
Top Bottom