Grado FC+

And it's a darn shame, because it's a pretty nice sounding cartridge.
That is a damn shame. Grado is one of the few bigger names I don't actually own to play with. The charts I found didn't mention the FC+ but all the carts with a + seemed to take modern styli. Oh well. I was a hoping.

Doing some research now because my stylus finally broke, and it's now significantly more $ than it was back when I first bought it ($25 vs $50) -- it seems that the FC+ isn't really listed in most places, and it also seems there might be different versions of the FC+ out there since some say the Grado Black1 doesn't fit. Mine certainly fits and works well, and I've bought it multiple times for that reason. Hmm weird! One thing I noticed is that mine has gold lettering, while photos I've found of other FC+ Grado cartridges online don't. Wonder if there's a difference or maybe mine's a bootleg?

Anyway, it seems like if you do want to buy a conical stylus to try out (some folks claim this is what the FC+ takes), you should be able to. This seems to be one. https://www.turntableneedles.com/Needle-526-DE_p_1104.html Though, I'll repeat that my FC+ takes a Grado Black1 Stylus!

If your cart body takes the current production grado styli, the cart body is actually an FCE+1 body. Which was 1 slight tick up from the FTE+1

There is an FC+ on eBay at the moment that has no bids for £9.99, if anyone is interested and it has a stylus in VGC.

Back
Top Bottom