grand canyon

shrinkboy

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
dudes--

i am headed off today to hike down into, across, and out of....the Grand Canyon...

will report back upon return, i heard there is a BIG river down there

shrinkboy

shrinkboy - I've not done the hike, but have done the mule train. I've been there probably 25 times, and it never gets old to me. I could go every day for the rest of my life and I'd never tire of it.

Have a great time. Watch out for those rattlin' rascals.

JDaniel

Hey !! I just returned from there a few weeks ago and it was a blast.

However you will not find a BIG river there right now, the whole reigion is in a 7 year drought.

We went on a rafting trip guided by the hualipai (wallipie) tribe and rafted the last 70mi of the canyon, ending on lake mead.

This end of the colorado was a full 30ft low, witch had its good and bad points.

A great experiance no matter how you slice it.

Watch out for that wretched Brabdy bunch down there. :p:

Seriously I was there many years ago. Its a neat hole in the ground.

Grumpy

You know, should I be burned at the stake or something? Ummmm well, geeeee guys but ahhhhhh... I've lived in southern Arizona since 1962 and well ummmmmm...

I have never been to the Grand Canyon not one single time. I have hiked, camped from Flagstaff to the Rim to the beaches in nearby Mexico. But I have never seen the Grand Canyon yet. Now is that wierd or what! :screwy:

WW and the rest o'youse guys--

i don't think WW should be burned at the stake, ya just oughtta get up there and do it!

living in dallas, there is nothing incredible around like the canyon, but, for example, i have been to oklahoma, less than a hundred miles away, no more than four or five times in my life. never been to arkansas except driving through on the way to the east coast decades ago. been to louisiana once or twice, again, just passing on through. so i know about 'local geography inertia'...

but, hey, lemme tell ya, you've heard it a million times, words cannot capture the incredible nature of the canyon. it is beyond words.

we went down kaibab trail at 7 am, 10/18/03, and got to the bottom, crossed the river, went along the river for several miles, and then connected to bright angel trail, and worked our way back up for a 17 miler, concluding with the 4.5 mile climb up from indian gardens. it was a killer. a beautiful, stunning, mind-boggling killer. we were out again by 3 pm the same day.

i am infected. i will do it again, next year. WW?

shrinkboy

Back
Top Bottom