Granite Audio 650 CD player?

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Does anyone have any experience with this CD player or with Granite Audio products in general?

Mike

I've owned some of their products. I currently have one of their power cords, which is very nice, but does not hold it's value for some reason. I had some of their silver ICs I got on a deal as well, they sounded nice, but blurred the image a bit. I ended up replacing them with 47 Labs OTA ICs, which I feel are much better.

I did have their 657 tubed CD player for a while as well. It was a nice player, but a little tubey sounding for my taste. Built quality was good, the front "granite" panel is counter-top type of stuff. Not bad though. I ended up with a Audio Note CD2.1x, which I really like and still have.

I hope this helps...

Layne

Thanks Layne I'm trying to decide whether its worth $600 CAN for me to snag that 650 CD. Model is circa 2002 and is "apparently" in minty condition.

Mike

Well, I don't know what you have to lose here. If it's in really good shape, you're looking at less than 1/3 of retail, as it retails for $1,500 US. I would guess that it will sounds smoother and fuller than the Cambridge Audio, but I could be wrong.

If the player has had light use, I'd guess that you could check it out and actually sell for a small profit, if you choose not to keep it. If you do get it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Good luck. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Funny thing is I unloaded the Cambridge ( hated the POS) and just the other day picked up a brand new cheap and dirty Toshiba SD 4960 DVD/SACD player. I haven't so much as listened to it yet and now this Granite CD player deal shows up. Oh well, what can a poor man do? Maybe I'll live with the Toshiba for a while, unless it's really offensive sounding. I have a couple more days to pull the trigger in the Granite if I just have to have it. :)

Mike

cool granite bod? I saw them a few years ago,,with their stone speakers...supposed to be good!

WhiteSE said:
cool granite? I saw them a few years ago,with their stone speakers...supposed to be good!

So is the soundstage solid as a rock? Rock solid? Good for Rock music? Or do the performers singing on the CDs sound stoned? :D

You can't take it for granite! What do you mean the 300se was a pos? it was a piece of RFI induced S(I sold it to Pro)

Alan

Back
Top Bottom