Graphite repair

The Rebel

Hi. Working on my HPM 900s, I have two small cracks less than an inch long in each woofer. I have read where people are using what they are referring to as "carbon fiber", or "carbon fiber paper" epoxied to the rear of the cone for the repair. I have yet to find anything like what they are describing.
Is there an alternative material to patch these woofers? Thanks

I hate when I'm looking for something on the net, and I'm using the wrong terms. I knew what you meant, but it took me a couple tries to find the right word.

Hi guys,

didnt want to open a new topic, so i post my question here. I realized 1 tear on my HPM-900. For me it seems that only the surface damaged. Should i worry about this now? i dont have experience in gluing woofers, so wouldnt touch it if its not necessary.

IMG_6503.jpg

thanks

For IMG I found black fingernail polish works great. Had one of my kids knock over the Infinity Modulus Speaker and stand, the grill framework punched a hole right through and left a radial crack running the full distance middle to outer edge.

I used fingernail polish to affect the repair and 20yrs later it still operates as new. I replaced the mid/bass drivers in both about a yr ago but retained the old just in case.

If your bass driver isn't black then pick whatever color polish is the closest.

Back
Top Bottom