Great audio score yesterday.

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Great audio score yesterday. With pics!

Hi All.
Well, the audio gods smiled on me today. Went to a garage sale today and found a nice shape Marantz 2245. Buyer said that it had been sitting for about 15 years. Nice faceplate and all, but he had no clue whether it worked or not. Not knowing, I offered him 10 bucks, which he happily accepted. Not a big fan of the little Marantz's, but I couldn't say no for that price. I probably should have offered him 5.... :)
Met with a friend a little later at a flea market. Couple of vendors there sell some used audio equipment. Guy had just got in a Yamaha 2020 with a clean face but a somewhat tired case. My friend was admiring it, but as the vendor could not vouch for it working, he passed. As I still had the Marantz in the trunk of my car, I figured I would bring my "new" Marantz in too and see if someone would bite. Didn't really plan on keeping it anyway, but I thought it might be fun to see what they say. Cleaned it up a little outside and dragged it in. The guys eyes lit up when he saw it, even though he said he had too many Marantz's allready. I dismissively told him that they were all the "little" ones (2215's etc). He asked if I would be interested in swapping. You can probably guess what happened next. Did a straight swap for the 2020. I could honestly answer the guy that I did not know if it worked or not, but as he could not vouch for the Yamaha, seemed a fair trade.
Brought the Yamaha home, plugged it in, and got BEAUTIFUL, clean warm music! Wow. What a great sounding reciever.
Very clean, smooth and warm! Most of the old Yamahas I had heard were a little too much on the analytical or cold side for me. This thing is soooo easy to listen too!
Sure hope the other guy did as well with the Marantz
Erik

BTW, this is my first post here in AGES. Nice to be back in the hobby again.

Last edited:
And...

Almost forgot!
I picked up a Luxman L85v and T-33 tuner yesterday too from the abovementioned friend. The amp has a bad channel but seems to be a nice piece.
Anyone had any experience with these?

Couple of pics too!

Couple of lousy pics, but should give an idea. Still learning the digital camera thing! :)
Erik

Last edited:
Great trade/score Bigerik!

Look what I kinda scored about a week ago. An outstanding machine! BTW, I like the Bass +1, Presence 0, Treble +1. Loudness set to 8. You can see that's where I set them on my CR-1020.

Greg

Last edited:
Bolly, how do you like the sound...

...of that 1020?? I have one, but prefer the sound of the M-35, which I have direct-connected to my CDP. The M-35 does not have as much power, but it sounds very sweet, and acts like it has more power when direct-connected.

Laz

Back
Top Bottom