Great "Every Day Carry" knives

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by BruceRPA, Dec 29, 2014.

1. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

I`ve had a somewhat unusual relationship with Benchmade knives over the years. My first one was a Balisong, early `90s, before there even was a company called "Benchmade". They were marketed under the name "Bali-Song", with the butterfly logo. A few years later, (like a knucklehead) I sold that knife to a guy I worked with.
    Eventually the company name became Benchmade, but for whatever reason, I ignored the entire line for a long time. Until I finally bought another one, that is, and saw what I`d been missing. I currently have maybe 8 or 9 BMs, love `em all....

soundmotor and BruceRPA like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

A pity, that would have been a Pacific Cutlery Balisong. I've found a couple over the years, really beautiful knives.

3. Eric n Kc

Eric n Kc AK Subscriber Subscriber

1525619312747259487736.jpg Hey
    I just picked up a new Benchmade Fact 417bk.
    The clip/grip is a little tight but other than that I'm pretty tickled with it.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    BruceRPA, IPADave and soundmotor like this.
  4. MaxxVolume

I have these two Benchmades in my pockets right now....for some reason, they just seem to fit well together, like peanut butter and jelly.... :)

upload_2018-5-6_16-40-8.png

Eric n Kc likes this.
  5. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

I bought a Benchmade Custom Mini Griptilian. S30V steel satin blade. Black nylon scales and all black hardware.

P1010016.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    P1010018.JPG P1010019.JPG

-Dave

Eric n Kc, MaxxVolume and Boozehound like this.
  6. MaxxVolume

Please register to disable this ad.

7. MaxxVolume

Today`s Sharp & Pointy ridealong is the Kershaw 1850, the all-Ti version of the Tyrade (a Ken Onion design). This knife came out about a year before Onion joined up with Strider, and the Zero Tolerance line was released. Familial DNA between the lines is pretty evident. Best ergonomics I`ve ever felt in a folder....
    upload_2018-5-7_18-48-1.png

Boozehound, James Hart and IPADave like this.
  8. MaxxVolume

The Benchmade Contego definitely punches above it`s weight class....while being in the "Large and In Charge" category, size wise, the reasonably light weight and slim profile make it easy to carry. That FFG M4 tool-steel blade takes & holds a fine edge, too.

upload_2018-5-19_0-35-19.png

IPADave likes this.
  9. MaxxVolume

Just wanted to mention, I have listed this nice custom Kelgin balisong for sale over on Barter Town....(or, you can PM me, s`all good !)

upload_2018-7-2_22-5-49.png

cratz2 likes this.