Great Music Day; GREAT DEAL

bigmacc

AK Subscriber
Been listening to some great music thanks to Dave918 first Canned Heat third time since Firday can't get by it. Tonite Carlos Guitarlos very interesting have to repeat.:D

Now some more good news picked up CCR 6 CD Box Set for get this $10 American Dollars my friends at the pawn shop put aside for me - this price was because they like me.

That's great Macc,Dave has a great collection.

I would wrap up that CCR box and send it to 10-19 Horton Dr ,Stratford,PE.
I am afraid that any music bought in a pawn shop,I need to check it out!:D

Alan

Hey BigMacc. I have the JVC remastered CCR discs too. They are great. Sound like my original Fantasy vinyl. Canned Heat was a favorite of mine growing up as well. :thmbsp:

Glad your enjoying the music Macc!
As it says somewhere around here Music - The reason for our passions! :yes:

-Dave

Last edited:
Macc, here's a little background on Carlos. This guy is the blues!

"Carlos Guitarlos is the REAL-DEAL and "Straight from the Heart" proves it. The disc features Mike Watt, John Doe, and Grammy Winner Dave Alvin. Carlos earned his reputation as the lead guitarist/songwriter of the legendary L.A. band Top Jimmy & the Rhythm Pigs. Many of you may remember the Van Halen song, "Top Jimmy", penned as a tribute to Carlos' band. VH wasn't the only ones on which Carlos left a lasting impression: You can count the Chili Peppers, Bob Dylan, Dwight Yoakam, Beck, and the Flaming Lips as fans. Carlos has recorded and/or played with: Tom Waits, Los Lobos, The Blasters, X, and The Breeders. He went on to become a street legend in his adopted hometown of San Francisco. There, he often lived the streets on which he played (we'll just say he's more than paid his dues). His hard living landed him in a S.F. hospital bed, fighting for his life with congestive heart failure, hence, "Straight from the Heart" (the title track was written from his hospital bed). That experience, combined with the alcohol-related death of his former band mate, Top Jimmy, was the catalyst of his recent personal turnaround and career resurgence. Carlos Guitarlos is once again a musical force to be reckoned with. "Straight from the Heart" greatly adds to his already significant legacy and cements his status as one of the great songwriters and musicians of our time."

Back
Top Bottom