Great Pictures Will Bring Top Dollar

Pictures

Very good photos. I wish I knew how to take photographs like that. It also helps if the equipment is clean too.

I don't know about the pics, but all those bids by a 0 feedback bidder looks fishy to me.

I agree Andyman. Looks like the buyer got bumped. But man was he stupid to place that high bid several days before the end of the auction. Bet he'll learn how to snipe after this.

I agree with ya 100% Andyman... the top bid by the 0 feedback bidder
matches the winning bid... almost like the 0 feedback bidder was looking
for the most he could get. :scratch2:

I've had that happen when I would bid on something... I'd put one bid in,
then a little while later, I'd put in a larger bid while still being the high bidder,
only to win the auction later at the price of my second bid with no one
else bidding after me! :thumbsdn:

Scott

And the price was about normal at $240 before the zero bidder started messing with him. My premise about good photos is shot for this particular case. :worried:

i agree that nice pics help sell stuff. even if it's *not* in the best shape. when i sell stuff, i always try to highlight the bad as well as the good. honesty is best. but, the zero-feedback-bidder definitely was a factor here. while i *always* bid w/last second snipes, no way would i have a $400 bid - proxy, snipe, or otherwise on a pioneer tx-9500-II. not sure, tho, if this bidder was a shill - the seller here is legit, imo... he yust got lucky, w/a zero-experienced bidder going up against a bidder w/"almost" zero experience! ;)

ymmv,

doug s.

Thanks for the info John. I think the diffuse lighting is the trick more so than the camera, even though the D70 is a very nice rig indeed.

Lighting, it will make or break all that we see in life. My company is devoted to the complete lighting discipline for structural and landscape scenes.

Hey WW,
Did you see that NIB Thorens 124 and NIB SME 3009II sell the other day on eBay? Close to $900. Now that you sold your Thorens what are you spinning?

Hey ya Bob...No I sure didn't see that. Wow, 900 eh?

I never did sell my Thorens. Everything was moving in that direction too. With the sale of that and some added serious coinage, I was hoping to replace it with a nice brand new table, Michell or something similar and a brand spankin new SME arm aaaaaaand a new Benz cart. But the decision delayed for a group buy and that cost me my toys and the business sucked the money away. I had to pull the trigger at that moment and I knew it. Didn't happen. It was a good thing though as business slowed down for the summer and if I had spent that money I would have not been able to get the new furniture for the office studio. Everything happens for a reason and I expect my desire for toys will pan out soon with the business growth as it is.... Hmmm or maybe I will want other things and decide that the ole thorens, SME III and Shure VxMR are good enough. Have to be honest as of late I really think I want new main system speakers with large woofers for more dynamics. Just trying to figure out how I will pry my ears away from the perfect sound of the Raven ribbon tweets. Uggghhhh this hobby, so difficult LOL

Back
Top Bottom