1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Green Dot Diodes

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Rotoflex4, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Rotoflex4

Rotoflex4 Member

Good Morning!

Does anyone know the recommended replacement for the green dot diodes found on various Sansui boards? (I'm currently looking at my AU-11000 F-2580 Driver Board). I've replaced the red dot ones before (using twinned pairs of 1N4148 diodes) but can't find much info on these green ones. The manual lists them as Sansui stock number 0340090, with simply "diode" as description. I'm hoping I can just use twin 4148's again, but I really have no idea. Any thoughts?

I'm really happy with how the board is coming along btw. Nasty glue is gone....nice trim pots installed.

Attached Files:

2. AUD101

AUD101 Parsley The Lion!

Are these D05 & D06? - if so the schematic shows them as SV-02 - and hence will need to search for replacements of these

3. Rotoflex4

Rotoflex4 Member

No....sorry....I should have been more specific. I'm looking at diodes D01-D04.

4. AUD101

AUD101 Parsley The Lion!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Hyperion likes this.
  5. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

AUD101 likes this.
  6. Rotoflex4

Rotoflex4 Member

I recalled from previous threads that the red dot diodes are prone to failure. So....I presumed that the green dot ones were similarly weak. If you think they are reasonably durable, I'll likely just clean them up and put them back in (one of them did have a lot of Sansui glue on it).

I do have about 40 of the 1N4148 diodes on the shelf, so it's an easy swap if need be.

7. Rotoflex4

Rotoflex4 Member

Thanks for that......now I feel like I'm getting on the right track.

8. Rotoflex4

Rotoflex4 Member

Hyperion likes this.