1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Green protection light

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by MrChevelle, Apr 21, 2018.

1. MrChevelle

MrChevelle New Member

i have a Sansui 9090, the red protection light flashes and goes out after the protection relay clicks. Everything works excellent but the green light never comes on. I didn’t see this issue in the numerous protection light problems. it possible that the led on board F2695 has failed or is there another common issue?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Tom B

Tom B AK Subscriber Subscriber

The contact in the protect relay could be dirty. The one of the Normally closed contacts gives the flashing red. When the relay closes, the Normally open contact should engage giving the green LED. Try tapping on the protect relay with a wooden stick or something like a chopstick or other non metalic item, but be aware that the left or right channel could cut out as well as you tap, because if one of the contacts is dirty, they probably are all dirty. Use a set of headphones to listen at low volume when you do this, to see if the left or right is affected.

tnsilver likes this.
  3. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

There is a resistor in the circuit for one of the two LEDs. I think it is the green light. It fails, just replace it. 1500Ω or something like that.

Hyperion and Overundr1 like this.
  4. LBPete

LBPete Rolling Along Subscriber

Yup, that dropping resistor has probably failed. It's a fairly common issue. There are a number of existing threads on that topic.

- Pete

5. MrChevelle

MrChevelle New Member

6. MrChevelle

MrChevelle New Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It’s next weekends project so I’ll let you know after I try the fix.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. MrChevelle

MrChevelle New Member

Just wanted to thank you for the diagnosis on my green protection light issue. I replaced the resistor and all is well now.

Hyperion and Hipocrates like this.
  8. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

April 22

June 11

That is about how long it takes for the upcoming weekend project to actually happen.

Glad you got the led working again.

slowpat and slimecity like this.