greetings and salutations

jrshabadoo

Hello! I have found myself at this site quite a bit lately and thought i'd step up and say hello. I really appreciate having access to the massive amount of knowledge contained on this site, given by all of you. Thank you. Thank you also for help and guidance while i find my footing on this new road.

As for me... I've been wanting to get back into listening to music at home, in a more controlled environment, instead of always defaulting to ear buds on my cell phone or a bluetooth speaker.

Maybe it's my ears, a bit older, maybe I'm just falling victim to nostalgia, I do tend to go there. Much of my family was in the music business as I grew up and I have many memories of being around reel to reel, tube amps and high end turntables and receivers when I was a kid. Many fond memories, listening to Pink Floyd, Ry Cooder and a plethora of other albums in the dark, with only the warm light emanating from the beautiful receivers ...and that sound.

I've been collecting albums again for over a year now and I haven't listened to a single one yet. I am just stepping out into the road, wondering where it will take me.

I'm looking for some gear now -- trolling CL and the Thrift Stores. The prices seems pretty crazy here in SoCal, but good things come...

Have a great weekend and thank you in advance,

Welcome to AK! A good investment would be the $25 needed to become an AK subscriber...LOTS of nice gear on Barter Town.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AK.

By the tone of your intro, which was great by the way,:thumbsup: you are on the exciting road of sound...and it gets better.

Trust me!

Q

Back
Top Bottom