Greetings, Audiophiles

DeadHeadDave

Hey AK, I'm new around here and wanted to say hi! I am fairly new to the HiFi game, and am looking for some advice if at all possible. I am going to be running into a bit of money, and I'm looking to put it towards my audio system.

I am currently using the following:

Fluance RT81 TT with built in pre-amp connected to an Onkyo TX-SR353. I have Klipsch KG-1 speakers.

We are in the window where we can return the Fluance RT81 and recoup all of our funds, and we want to upgrade our TT. I was looking into purchasing either the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Espirit SB or U Turn Orbit Special. It seems like I could upgrade the U Turn Orbit Special to an Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge for approximately the same price as Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Espirit SB.

I am wondering if I went the U Turn route, would I have the option to later upgrade the tone arm to something nicer along the lines of the carbon fiber tone arm included in the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Espirit SB?

If upgrading the tone arm for the U Turn Orbit Special isn't possible, it sounds like the Pro-Ject is the way to go, since I could always upgrade to the Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge at a later date.

I am fairly confident I want an acrylic platter, so these seem to be my best choices for the lower end market. Have any members had experience with both systems?

I'm also going to be investing in a pre-amp as well, so I'd be happy to hear any recommendations for budget pre-amps for this system. I'm aiming to upgrade my receiver/power amp eventually too, with the goal being to obtain a vintage receiver further down the line.

Thanks!

Welcome and enjoy!! Sorry, I'm not a TT guy - I'm sure someone else will be along soon to assist you!!

Welcome! You might want to post your question in the turntable forum, not everyone reads the intro section.

Back
Top Bottom