Greetings from Baltimore

Worried Man

Charm City, as it is sometimes called. I'm a recent transplant from the Midwest and I really enjoy it here so far. There are several excellent record stores, so that helps.

I've been posting here for a while but I don't believe I ever formally introduced myself. I really enjoy the site, especially seeing everyone's posts about what they're listening to.

My formative music collecting years took place in Iowa, mostly Iowa City, as a high school student and later as one of the enrolled at the University of Iowa, in the 1970s. Out of idle curiosity, just wondering if there's anyone on the site from that era and place, particularly anyone who remembers places like BJ Records and The Stereo Shop.

Cheers, everyone!

Welcome to AK from a fellow Marylander!
Regards,
Jim

Welcome to AK. Keep an eye on the Events and Happenings Forum as we do a large MidAtlantic Get Together in the spring and in the fall. A great way to met fellow Akers.

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.

A little about my systems. I have two. They're rather humble, especially compared to much of what I see in this forum. Nevertheless, I love them.

Main listening environment (i.e., living room): Yamaha A-1020 integrated amplifier, Pioneer TX-7500 tuner, Technics SL-1200 w/ Grado blue or Shure m97xe, Yamaha 700CDS compact disc player, Large Advent speakers.

Secondary listening environment (i.e., study/office): Sherwood RV 1340 receiver, JVC QL Y55F, small Advent speakers.

Also, two Grado headphones, the 125s and the 85s.

Back
Top Bottom