Greetings From Hungary

Phil Riley

I found this forum when doing a search for David Bogen amplifiers. I Have a DB20 amplifier as part of a much modified 1948 RGD 746G radiogram. I was given this radiogram some years ago but am only just finding out more about the US made amplifier. In particular, the input selector switch has 10 positions and 7 are for different equalisation curves for phono! One of these is FFRR and I have been playing an FFRR record this morning, Decca BR 3088, Rodrigo Guitar Concerto with Narciso Yepes.
I have had an interest in electronics and audio since I was a teenager in the mid '70s. I started collecting older equipment about 10 years ago but the hobby was on hold for a few years and revived over the last few months. As a learning exercise I re-capped a fairly sinple mid '50s HMV radio but I'm mainly interested in record players and reel to reel recorders. I have a JVC linear tracking turntable for modern records and various projects intended for older, mono records. I bought a stand alone RCA badged Collaro 4 speed turntable for use with the gram input of the HMV radio but that has a rock hard idle pulley and a dead cartridge. I have half a dozen tape recorders, the most interesting of which is also a Collaro, a 2 motor, 2 track machine that plays in either direction, so there is no need to turn over or rewind tapes.I am English but moved to Hungary in 2011.

English and moved to Hungary? Well, ya just can't get good goulash in England. Turntables and reel to reel? A man after my own heart. I have a pile of Thorens, Elac - Miracord and lesser tables plus Revox, Fostex and Scully machines. I lust after the Elcaste decks of the late 70s but have far too much equipment as is. Welcome to AK.

Hungary, land of my maternal ancestors, & one of the few European countries that still has their priorities straight in light of recent political turmoil, regarding the invasion from the middle east. Welcome, lots to see & learn here!:bigok:

Back
Top Bottom