Greetings from Macedonia, OH

Guy Cottle

About a month or two ago a friend asked if I would help clean out his garage. 'Sure, this place is a mess!' says I. After sorting through the dozen or so old 'doorstop' computers, ancient dentist office equipment, hand-me-down tools and video recording equipment, I found on old Sherwood receiver which he said I could have. So I took it home, plugged it in and, to my surprise, it fired up and worked just fine. Some of the pots and switches were a little crunchy but not too bad for a dust covered relic.

I though I might as well get some old speakers. FB Marketplace lead me to pick up a pair of Klipsch TG3.5 speakers a guy had for $100. Why not? I never owned Klipsch speakers before but my brother had some and always said they were pretty good.

Deeper into the garage was found an Audio-technica LP2D USB turntable, new in the box. Who knows how long it was there but I snagged that, as well. For nothing.

I don't remember the last vinyl I bought but it must have been about 35-40 years ago. Might as well go dig up some old records. So I stopped into the used record store in town (Time Traveler) and found a few of the old favorites. "A Wizard, a True Star", "Tarkus", etc. Very much fun was had listening to these things at a volume level at which the neighbors took notice.

Always frustrated that I can't access Tom Verlaine's "Cover" album through any streaming service, I was able to locate the disc, as well as my others, in my brother's attic. I cleaned that up any spun it and now I am hooked ... again ... after a bunch of years.

So that's my story, so far.
IMG_0075.jpg

Welcome from Shaker! You might also like The Vinyl Groove in Bedford -- they also repair and sell audio gear. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom