Greetings from Seattle!

that70sguy

Hi everyone,

I'm new to AK, but have been a stereo fan for since my high school years. For those who grew up in Seattle, they may remember the audio candy store places like Jafco, Electricraft and the original Speakerlab on 35th NE. My buddy and I would drool over the Jafco electronics catalogs I used to get in the early 70s, but we could never afford any of that great stuff. We started making speaker cabinets ourselves and got most of our components from Speakerlab. My buddy made a pair of speaker in his high school wood shop class and tried to imitate the JBL L-300. It was a valiant effort, but the component didn't measure up to JBLs. Hey they still sounded great and believe it or not, he still has them!

So I've only started collecting in the last few years and have some pretty good stuff. Here's a list of some of the stuff I have now:

Mcintosh 4100
Marantz 4270
Yamaha M-80 (also have the T-80 tuner, but sold the C-80 preamp :-( )
Carver receiver MXR-130
Rotel RC-995 preamp
Rotel RB-980BX amp
Rotel RCD-855 CD player
Kenwood KR-5600
Teac A-6300 reel to reel
Teac AN-80 Dolby NR
Pioneer CT-F700 cassette deck
Pioneer PL-530 turntable
JBL L212 speaker system
JBL L50 speakers
Pioneer HPM-60 speakers
Boston Acoustic A70 speakers
Soliloquy 5.0s speakers

That's it for now, but will most likely have more once the attic is remodeled!

Thanks AK!

Jay

Jay, come back when you have some gear. . .

. . . welcome to the world of AK and that's some great gear you have there.

Welcome aboard. You'll find out soon as I have how addictive this stop is. Seems like I spend a few hours a day here...

Enjoy!!!

Jay, welcome to AK from a fellow Washingtonian. that's some nice list of gear you got there for sure.

AL

Welcome.Looks like your off to a good start.Enjoy the company here,its a fine bunch of people.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Also nice to see some PacNW-ers here as well. I'll definitely have to make one of the get-togethers sometime.

Looking forward to enjoying this great board!

Jay

Welcome from another Seattle area AK'r. I do remember and did haunt the Electricraft, Jafco, and the great old Speakerlab stores; you might guess from my AK name. Yeah it killed me to look/listen to the Phase Linear amps and the K-horns at the speakerlab store but now sounds as good as ever, and much more within my reach. Welcome, there is some great information and networking here.

Welcome from another Seattle area AK'r. I do remember and did haunt the Electricraft, Jafco, and the great old Speakerlab stores; you might guess from my AK name. Yeah it killed me to look/listen to the Phase Linear amps and the K-horns at the speakerlab store but now sounds as good as ever, and much more within my reach. Welcome, there is some great information and networking here.

Again, thanks for the welcome from everyone. Hope to make the next PNW meet n greet.

SPLFan, I'm the guy who bought your Teac AN-80 the other day. Great chatting with you and thanks sharing some valuable info.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom